Hello from Airdrie, near Glasgow

w88chy

Here bud, that’s nae a bonk machine, it’s a fence
Reaction score
Hello Audi people...

I’m Charlie, I had to join seeing as I have just defected from that “other” German marque with 3 letter and just bought a MY2016 A7 which I collect on Monday!

It’s a right old drive to get it (here in Scotland to just beyond the Dartford crossing) so I hope it’s worth it.

I have previously owned a D3 A8 4.2 TDi, so it’ll be good to be back in the land of sure footed Quattro handling (don’t get me wrong, RWD is great for a hoon- but in the snow, forget it)!

Charlie

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
Hey Charlie, welcome back to the other side, and the A7 platform!

Dartford to Glasgow will give you a great opportunity to acquaint yourself with the A7 - just watch out for those variable speed limits on the motorway :racer:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi Charlie, welcome to audi-sport.net. We look forward to some pics when you have collected your car. Hope the snow holds off to you get back. Enjoy the drive and the forum. :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thank you both, I’ll get photos when I am back up :icon thumright:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
Hi Charlie, welcome to audi-sport.net.
:icon thumright:

Welcome Charlie
Congrats on the new motor.
So you owned a DKW before, quite rare lol :tearsofjoy:
Look forward to seeing pics mate.

Late reply, thank you for all the welcomes - much appreciated.

I need to get the car cleaned, ****** hose has been frozen solid every time I’m off work :sob:

So this is the only photo so far, taken on the journey home from London after collecting the car

[photo=large]10027[/photo]

Reactions: Phil.MC, Audi Bairn and Sandra
Late reply, thank you for all the welcomes - much appreciated.

I need to get the car cleaned, ****** hose has been frozen solid every time I’m off work :sob:

So this is the only photo so far, taken on the journey home from London after collecting the car

[photo=large]10027[/photo]
Photo fail Charlie mate :busted cop:.

I went a run down to my Mum's in Gourock today and managed to get a half decent wash done as the temps had risen to +6°C down by the Clyde.

Any excuse for a photo opportunity is fine by me :hi:.

UEQfYEr.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn and RS5 JON
Looking good by the water, is that facelift rear lights Phil?

I can’t wait to get mine fully cleaned (I.e a few days worth of washing, polishing, sealing, waxing etc etc) - plus looking st yours has reminded me, I have my Calipers to paint too, they look a bit tatty in their current state.

Reactions: Phil.MC
They're pre-facelift, but were tinted by the previous owner. It's a MY12 car, so a very early BiTDi I think.

My calipers are looking a bit tatty as well, but will get round to them prior to it going in for paint correction/ceramic treatment next month :sorrow:.

They look very “facelifty” mate, I’m a bit like you there - I have a big list of things I want to get done, Remap is top of my list, steering wheel by Royal Steering Wheels, RS Front Grille (if I can get a decent quality one with the front camera mounting), the list keeps growing though.....

Congrats on ur car Charlie. Love that colour.

They're pre-facelift, but were tinted by the previous owner. It's a MY12 car, so a very early BiTDi I think.

My calipers are looking a bit tatty as well, but will get round to them prior to it going in for paint correction/ceramic treatment next month :sorrow:.

Hi Phil, car is looking I was wondering if you are willing to share the quote you got for the paint correction/ceramic treatment. I’m interested in getting it done to mine too. Just not sure what a good price is. Cheers

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Hi Bishop, cheers fella.

Quote for paint correction and ceramic treatment is £400, but that is including a January sales discount of £100.

Craig Nelson from Angelwax in Port Glasgow is the man to talk to about it, but I'm told he'd need the car for 2-3 days to give it the full treatment, which should last for at least 2yrs with just maintenance washes required after that.

Reactions: Bishop187
Hi Bishop, cheers fella.

Quote for paint correction and ceramic treatment is £400, but that is including a January sales discount of £100.

Craig Nelson from Angelwax in Port Glasgow is the man to talk to about it, but I'm told he'd need the car for 2-3 days to give it the full treatment, which should last for at least 2yrs with just maintenance washes required after that.

Cheers. I’m down in London. And from what I can see it’s like £1000+ here

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

They look very “facelifty” mate, I’m a bit like you there - I have a big list of things I want to get done, Remap is top of my list, steering wheel by Royal Steering Wheels, RS Front Grille (if I can get a decent quality one with the front camera mounting), the list keeps growing though.....
Did you ever get the remap done? Cheers