Hello from Airdrie, near Glasgow

w88chy

Here bud, that’s nae a bonk machine, it’s a fence
Hello Audi people...

I’m Charlie, I had to join seeing as I have just defected from that “other” German marque with 3 letter and just bought a MY2016 A7 which I collect on Monday!

It’s a right old drive to get it (here in Scotland to just beyond the Dartford crossing) so I hope it’s worth it.

I have previously owned a D3 A8 4.2 TDi, so it’ll be good to be back in the land of sure footed Quattro handling (don’t get me wrong, RWD is great for a hoon- but in the snow, forget it)!

Charlie

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Hey Charlie, welcome back to the other side, and the A7 platform!

Dartford to Glasgow will give you a great opportunity to acquaint yourself with the A7 - just watch out for those variable speed limits on the motorway :racer:

w88chy

Thank you both, I’ll get photos when I am back up :icon thumright:

JG51 AUD

:sign welcome:

enjoy your new motor and the Forum.

JG

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Welcome Charlie
Congrats on the new motor.
So you owned a DKW before, quite rare lol :tearsofjoy:
Look forward to seeing pics mate.

w88chy

Late reply, thank you for all the welcomes - much appreciated.

I need to get the car cleaned, ****** hose has been frozen solid every time I’m off work :sob:

So this is the only photo so far, taken on the journey home from London after collecting the car

[photo=large]10027[/photo]

Phil.MC

Late reply, thank you for all the welcomes - much appreciated.

I need to get the car cleaned, ****** hose has been frozen solid every time I’m off work :sob:

So this is the only photo so far, taken on the journey home from London after collecting the car

[photo=large]10027[/photo]
Photo fail Charlie mate :busted cop:.

I went a run down to my Mum's in Gourock today and managed to get a half decent wash done as the temps had risen to +6°C down by the Clyde.

Any excuse for a photo opportunity is fine by me :hi:.

UEQfYEr.jpg

w88chy

Strange, I can see it at my end?

w88chy

Looking good by the water, is that facelift rear lights Phil?

I can’t wait to get mine fully cleaned (I.e a few days worth of washing, polishing, sealing, waxing etc etc) - plus looking st yours has reminded me, I have my Calipers to paint too, they look a bit tatty in their current state.

Phil.MC

They're pre-facelift, but were tinted by the previous owner. It's a MY12 car, so a very early BiTDi I think.

My calipers are looking a bit tatty as well, but will get round to them prior to it going in for paint correction/ceramic treatment next month :sorrow:.

w88chy

They look very “facelifty” mate, I’m a bit like you there - I have a big list of things I want to get done, Remap is top of my list, steering wheel by Royal Steering Wheels, RS Front Grille (if I can get a decent quality one with the front camera mounting), the list keeps growing though.....

Bishop187

Congrats on ur car Charlie. Love that colour.

They're pre-facelift, but were tinted by the previous owner. It's a MY12 car, so a very early BiTDi I think.

My calipers are looking a bit tatty as well, but will get round to them prior to it going in for paint correction/ceramic treatment next month :sorrow:.

Hi Phil, car is looking I was wondering if you are willing to share the quote you got for the paint correction/ceramic treatment. I’m interested in getting it done to mine too. Just not sure what a good price is. Cheers

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Phil.MC

Hi Bishop, cheers fella.

Quote for paint correction and ceramic treatment is £400, but that is including a January sales discount of £100.

Craig Nelson from Angelwax in Port Glasgow is the man to talk to about it, but I'm told he'd need the car for 2-3 days to give it the full treatment, which should last for at least 2yrs with just maintenance washes required after that.

Bishop187

Hi Bishop, cheers fella.

Quote for paint correction and ceramic treatment is £400, but that is including a January sales discount of £100.

Craig Nelson from Angelwax in Port Glasgow is the man to talk to about it, but I'm told he'd need the car for 2-3 days to give it the full treatment, which should last for at least 2yrs with just maintenance washes required after that.

Cheers. I’m down in London. And from what I can see it’s like £1000+ here

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

C7FRW84

They look very “facelifty” mate, I’m a bit like you there - I have a big list of things I want to get done, Remap is top of my list, steering wheel by Royal Steering Wheels, RS Front Grille (if I can get a decent quality one with the front camera mounting), the list keeps growing though.....
Did you ever get the remap done? Cheers