Hello everyone

motionlee

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i am Lee and have come over from ukmk4's since selling my v6 4 motion and recently brought a black 04 plate a3 3.2 dsg which i love to pieces already. I modified my v6 alot and was a full r32 rep, and think i will mod the 3.2 aswell, starting with a re- map to un leash the extra power follow by coilover's and a S3 kit (to which am struggling finding one).
I am 31 years old and have been a Motor mechanic for 15 years and am on the verge of going on my own and opening up my own garage. I live in Rochdale with my girl friend and two kids.
Any help and advice is very much welcome :)

Hi Lee, New on the forum myself, some great stuff on here ref. modding, having my 3.2 remapped monday, but gonna leave it at that for now. sure someone will have info about the s3 kit and will be along soon, from Leigh myself but live in Cambs now, spent alot of time in and around rochdale playing rugby and watching it there too. Always useful to know a mechanic, I'm an aircraft technician so if you want an ejection seat fitting to it yyou know where I am!

Neil

Hi Hunty, you will have to let me know what the 3.2 is like when re- mapped as i am having mine done in a few weeks at Chip uk in Bromsgroove. Well yes this is my job and i do alot of work for some of the lads on ukmk4 so if you need any help of a good Mechanic, just ask.
I hope someone can help out with a S3 kit !

Reading threads on hear you get a little more torque top of rev range with a decent map and may be 5-10 horsies but thats it on the 3.2's. I looked into it and its not worth it in the long run. Do a search on the forum and you'll see all the threads. If you want more power from the 3.2 then its a turbo or supercharger you'll need to add big bucks and the DSG probably wont cope with the torque so that also will need upgrading. My sugestion is a decent exhaust and intake to get a lovely V6 purr and then the other cosmetic mods you mentioned.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Tom

recently brought a black 04 plate a3 3.2 dsg which i love to pieces already. :)
Hi and welcome, Rochdale eh! I was born around there lol

I'm also from the UKMIV site (Foxy Phantom) and miss my Golf loads but happy with my 3.2 DSG. Post up here how you get along with the remap, I'd be interested to know what you get out of it. Have they said what they can do on it as its got no turbo? I've used Chipped UK myself in Bromsgrove (Jason is a great guy) when I had my A6 done. I'm into moddin so roll on summer...

Last edited:
Thanks buddy, will put a post up after I've drivenit a week or so, so it can all "bed in". Can't actually drive at the mo due to shoulder op, but in a few days will hopefully get there!

Thanks Tac i am not going to go turbo due to the cost as you say.
Hi Sarah, a woman with a 3.2 at her feet lol only joking dont slate me. Yes i will post up when they do it as Jason did my v6 and was happy with there service. As for results both them and awesome gti CLAIM to get between 15 and 20 bhp, which i take with a pinch of salt.
Where was you born then as i may know the place ? where you live now ?

Hi Sarah, a woman with a 3.2 at her feet lol only joking dont slate me. ?

lol, cheeky, some (not all!!) women can drive and handle some power lol......

Lived in Uppermill and Royton but 1 or 2 years ago now lol.... In Cheshire now (no posh comments lol)

Will be interested to see if they can indeed get that CLAIMED bhp??? Seen on here that guys say they have only achieved 10bhp. Might improve the mpg, thats always useful, I am heavy footed so mine is fairly low but hey why not if its there....

Jason is a good guy, loved his Ferrari, was tempted by his offer to drive it but oooohhh I may not have gone back lol

Good luck with it, sure you will get loads of fun from the A3, keep us posted.

When you get it mapped be sure to get a before and after chart and an absolute must is make sure you have been running 99ron through it for a week or 2 before the map.
Let us know how you get on :)

Oh and welcome :)

Very TRUE Sarah that is what it is there for.
Anyone able to help with bodykits for the A3 ? And what other mods are you chaps doing to these cars ?

Bit of a V6 meet going on!

:sign_welcome: to the forum Lee. You'll find plenty of help here mate :icon_thumright:

Thank you Staz, is that yours in your sig ? as it looks very nice, if so do you have a BUILD THREAD ?

Thats an S3 Lee....
V6 Pete has a vortex kit and coilovers ....he will be along i expect

Very TRUE Sarah that is what it is there for.
Anyone able to help with bodykits for the A3 ? And what other mods are you chaps doing to these cars ?

I'm changing my bumpers to the S Line and trying to find some Votex sideskirts. Look on Ebay, you may find stuff on there but I think lots from here have eyes out for stuff at the mo! Lots are doing coilovers, upgrading alloys. Have fun with your mods....

Does v6 pete have a build thread ? I want to see the vortex kit if possible paddy

I'm changing my bumpers to the S Line and trying to find some Votex sideskirts. Look on Ebay, you may find stuff on there but I think lots from here have eyes out for stuff at the mo! Lots are doing coilovers, upgrading alloys. Have fun with your mods....
Cheers Sarah i wont be happy untill am slammed with a kit on, as i do like that look. I was same with the mk4

Thank you Staz, is that yours in your sig ? as it looks very nice, if so do you have a BUILD THREAD ?

Sorry I meant all of you guys with the V6s :)

Yes mine is an S3, but I'd like to see you build yours into an s3 rep, and maybe add a turbo.....

Cheers Sarah i wont be happy untill am slammed with a kit on, as i do like that look. I was same with the mk4

Yeh I got my mk4 with a kit, remap, lowered, alloys, new lamps and tints and lots of other bits too... Sure your A3 will look good.

Hi motionlee:salute:

I'm also over from the Mkivs site after selling my Anniversary for an A3. I recognise you from there too (and Uk-audi!). You had a well modded Black Golf IIRC.:cool:

As with the Mkivs, there is loads of great info and help here.

I almost went down the V6 route myself then found a 2.0T Quattro which I thought would be more economical (wrong!:laugh:)

You got any pics of your new car?

Rog:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Just had a quote back from JBS Autos ref the TS380 conversion for my 3.2......£8200 fitted...First kit sales

That's an introductory offer as well...Normally the guy said it's £10k....380bhp would be nice in the V6...Was told the standard DSG will cope with the extra torque but they would do a custom remap for the DSG...Is that sort of money worth 380bhp...??????????
Mind you I've read that guys spend £10k, £20k plus on their cars modding..Think if i were to spend that I'd be keeping my car for a very long time

Yes my mk4 was modded alot, but to my own taste lol, i hope to use this site alot to get some idea's cough cough (kit), i have no pics as yet but i will get some up soon.
I always say that's it with the mods but i just cant help it, i only deceided to sell the 4 motion a few weeks ago as i was going to put the r32 engine in, but it fell through, so i SPAT my dummy out and sold it.
Anyway idea's, bodykits to which way i can go with my a3, i am buying some AP coilover's tomorrow for £470 and then i a kit is the next thing.

Pics of both cars are needed I reckon. :photo:

Before and after with the coilovers would be good when they are on too.

Lee, reckon facelift route is something you'll do before long, lots of threads on here for it, I see a meaty build thread coming on....

Formerly Rochdale (Littleborough) myself, small world!

Wow there seem to be a few people from Rochdale on this thread alone, pics of my new car will be up soon, coilover's is a MUST as i dont like the 4x4 look, and love the slammage :)
Facelift hey i need to see what that is, as someone mention the vortex kit :unsure:, i know one thing i need something to add to the a3 as the golf had a lot of work done to her.
Yes I dont do things by half so expect a decent build 4NT

You're into your mod's mate, that is for sure! Looking forward to seeing what you do to it Lee so I can possibly steal some Ideas! :icon_thumright:

Your not wrong Hunty i had that car 16 months and spent around £2500 in parts alone as i did it all myself, and i know i will do the same with this, been looking on ebay for s line bumper's, i think anything after 08 wont fit mine- is that true? will any s line bumper between 03 and 08 be ok ? and most people only sell the skin, therefore i would have to swap stuff over.
Also want to find the vortex kit, but am struggling................ might start a new thread i think