Hello everyone from new Sportback owner

Lavalamp

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i have posted a few times but never introduced myself or my black beast properly so here goes..
Englishman living in Hamburg Germany and i've had my car since March this year, it's new and i
had no info that a facelift was round the corner nor did my Salesman say anything :(

Anyhow had an A1 before this for 4 years and we had to get more space due to a new family member,
here a few pics and we ordered like this..

-1.4 TFSI COD
- Mythos Black
- S-Line Exterior
- S-Line Interior
- Privacy Glass
- Panorama Roof
- Xenon Lights
- Heated & Folding Mirrors
- All Round Parking Sensors
- Keyless Entry
- Navigation System
- 2 Zone Climate Control
- Hill Hold Assist
- Heated Seats
- Led Interior Lighting
- Cruise Control
- Bang & Olufsen System

DSC 0035 1
DSC 0939
DSC 0942
DSC 0944
DSC 0945

Cheers Alex

Reactions: Rob2k68, RedRS3Reilly, richinsoton and 9 others
Hi Alex, welcome to Audi-sport.net. That's a nice car and a great spec. Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, SRT, Simon L and 3 others
..... i've had my car since March this year, it's new and i
had no info that a facelift was round the corner nor did my Salesman say anything :(.....
Unfortunately - he wouldn't would he. Wanted to get a sale now, not in six months!!
But you will love the car, and the engine is a gem.

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 1 other person
Thank you both Sandra and Richard for the welcome, that's the thing Richard, i ordered in November and maybe he didn't even know back then, but still loving it and the engine is indeed a pleasure to drive after coming from the 90 bhp A1 power wise too.

But i love the new Facelift rear lights and the one thing i didn't go for was the bigger MMI screen which REALLY bothers me, only to see that it's standard on the FL grrrrr.

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and pburv
Thank you both Sandra and Richard for the welcome, that's the thing Richard, i ordered in November and maybe he didn't even know back then, but still loving it and the engine is indeed a pleasure to drive after coming from the 90 bhp A1 power wise too.

But i love the new Facelift rear lights and the one thing i didn't go for was the bigger MMI screen which REALLY bothers me, only to see that it's standard on the FL grrrrr.

There's always a next time mate...Oh....and Welcome....pano-roof is nice eh...

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, Lavalamp and 3 others
Welcome Alex. Nice spec'd A3 mate. Enjoy the car mate and dont worry about missing out on the FL version as Jassy says, next time! (from A1 to A3 to FL S3/RS3 next :) )

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Lavalamp, Simon L and 1 other person
:sign welcome: nice one, but steering wheel on wrong side ?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Lavalamp, Simon L and 3 others
Hi Alex,
Welcome to the Forum, I'm fairly new here, I find members friendly and very informative.
The site as you have probably seen has a host of helpful tips tricks and the rest,
hope you enjoy.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Sandra, Lavalamp and 1 other person
Welcome to the forum mate..
Congrats on the new family member and your new car ..:friends:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Sandra, Lavalamp and 1 other person
Welcome mate and nice car.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Lavalamp
Hi everyone,

i have posted a few times but never introduced myself or my black beast properly so here goes..
Englishman living in Hamburg Germany and i've had my car since March this year, it's new and i
had no info that a facelift was round the corner nor did my Salesman say anything :(

Cheers Alex

Nice car. Don't feel bad about the FL. There are a couple of things that make the FL less desirable. For instance, the steering wheel got 6mm thinner than the PFL. That to me is a big step backwards. All cars will eventually be replaced by newer models, as long as you like what you have, that's all that matters.

Reactions: KenL and Lavalamp
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome :)

You are right there will be a next time, and it will be an S3 Sportback!
I'm jealous of you all on here i must admit, i had the S1 for a week before deciding on either that or an A3 and that was
mental to drive, so i can imagine the fun you guys are having with an S3.

Yes i love the panorama roof which we also had on the A1 but i must say i think the actual size of the opening should be bigger.

I always get useful infos on here and that was what made me find out that there were two different screen sizes on the MMI, my Audi Salesman never told me that "small" detail...He just said "Aaah you don't need all that weather Tech malarky, just look out the window to see how it is."

Other than that i do love the car, here in Germany it's obviously nothing too special..I see about 10 a day on the motorway in Black
and going for a grey next time due to looking better when not so clean.

Be reading you all :yes: Ttfn

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, richinsoton and 2 others
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome :)

You are right there will be a next time, and it will be an S3 Sportback!
I'm jealous of you all on here i must admit, i had the S1 for a week before deciding on either that or an A3 and that was
mental to drive, so i can imagine the fun you guys are having with an S3.

Yes i love the panorama roof which we also had on the A1 but i must say i think the actual size of the opening should be bigger.

I always get useful infos on here and that was what made me find out that there were two different screen sizes on the MMI, my Audi Salesman never told me that "small" detail...He just said "Aaah you don't need all that weather Tech malarky, just look out the window to see how it is."

Other than that i do love the car, here in Germany it's obviously nothing too special..I see about 10 a day on the motorway in Black
and going for a grey next time due to looking better when not so clean.

Be reading you all :yes: Ttfn

Welcome sir!
That's a nice car you have there.
Always think Audi's look better with the German plates, especially compared with the yellow UK rear plates.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Lavalamp
Welcome, your car looks great.................

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Lavalamp
Hallo und herzlich willkommen :)

That's the lot :)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Lavalamp and pburv
From one Alex to another welcome, if you really like the yellow plates, you've probably not got long before the big wall goes up, so you better get over here ! We don't have Autobahns though, sadly :-(

Hi everyone,

Anyhow had an A1 before this for 4 years and we had to get more space due to a new family member,
here a few pics and we ordered like this..

-1.4 TFSI COD
- Mythos Black
- S-Line Exterior
- S-Line Interior
- Privacy Glass
- Panorama Roof
- Xenon Lights
- Heated & Folding Mirrors
- All Round Parking Sensors
- Keyless Entry
- Navigation System
- 2 Zone Climate Control
- Hill Hold Assist
- Heated Seats
- Led Interior Lighting
- Cruise Control
- Bang & Olufsen System

View attachment 104170 View attachment 104171 View attachment 104172 View attachment 104173 View attachment 104174

Cheers Alex
Welcome, that's a lovely car you have there, enjoy driving it :)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog