Hello and question about new wheels, springs, magnetic ride

lchen1350

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Been lurking on here for a few weeks but never made an account to post until now. Wanted to say how impressed I am with all the knowledge and useful info on these forums.

Anyways, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new S3 2 weeks ago. Delivery estimated end of January! Specs are: Phantom black, MFFBSW, SatNav with AMI, Black exterior pack, magnetic ride, Two tone Nappa in silver/black, aluminum trim, adaptive headlights, electric sunroof. We get a lot of things standard here is Aus like Bose, Bluetooth etc.. so I haven't bothered to list them. I uhmed and ahed about the magnetic ride for a while but got it in the end since I wasn't planning on doing any modding at all. However, after looking at the pics of other people cars here and reading some of the threads, I've decided I definitely want to get 19" BBS CH's which means I'll probably end up lowering the car slightly also.

So that leads to my question. What effects, if any, will bigger wheels and slight lowering likely have on the magnetic suspension? If anyone here has an A3/S3 with magnetic ride and changed their wheels/springs, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
So that leads to my question. What effects, if any, will bigger wheels and slight lowering likely have on the magnetic suspension? If anyone here has an A3/S3 with magnetic ride and changed their wheels/springs, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks a lot!

Good question....I'd be interested in knowing some information on this subject also. From a coupla of posts I have noticed I'm not sure if its possible to lower the vehicle with magnetic ride... I'm most likely grossly wrong...