Hello and Advice

scotty0189

Prepairing to Land
Reaction score
Hi people,

My name is Scott and I am going to look at an A3 8L on friday with the intention to buy.
I've been doing some reseach on what to look for and what to avoid.

The car is a 2003 3 door 1.9 TDI Sport 130 and has 84'000 miles on it. Cam belt changed last year, recent srevice, 11 months MOT, tidy looking inside and out.

I was just wondering what advice you could give me on what to check and look for?

I'm not new to buying cars but I am to buying deisel cars.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also bit of a strange question, but do the 3 Door's have the grab handles above the front doors?
My current car doesnt have them, and it would be most useful if the A3 did.

Thanks again people,

Scott

Love to help you matey, but not that clued up on the denzels....

Good choice with the A3 though.

Thanks buddy.

Any input on the grab handles?

Yeah, looking forward to picking it up, a slight step up from my current car :D

Hi people,

Also bit of a strange question, but do the 3 Door's have the grab handles above the front doors?
My current car doesnt have them, and it would be most useful if the A3 did.

Thanks again people,

Scott
Mine has grab handles, there not that great mate. What you planning on using them for :blush:

there are grab handles yes.....i wouldnt be using them for bench pressing though :)

although they are fit for purpose

Mine has grab handles, there not that great mate. What you planning on using them for :blush:

Thats great, thanks fella.

Is yours a 3 door? Are they central to the door? Haha 20 questions - sorry.

Reason I'm asking is that my Mrs is parapalegic so it's a lot easier for her to transfer into the car if it has the grab handles above the doors.

I've been trying to have a look at one but think people will think i'm some sort of criminal peering into parked up cars.

Thanks again,

Scott

I would imagine, if this is a must, there would be a way of strengthening them so that they could be used for that purpose.

They are reasonably strong out of the box, but for you it's exceptionally imporyant they hold.

Thats probably a good thing to look into... I wonder if a laod test as been done on them.

Having said that she uses them on every other car we have been in, including her Astra and they hold up fine.

Still going to look into it though.

Thanks for your help,

Scott