Hello! And a few questions!

BKing

Reaction score
Hi,
New to here, but a long term Audi driver (A3 & A4 since around 2002).
Thanks to the Audi scrappage scheme, my 53 plate2.5TDI Quattro A4 (with 279,000 on the clock) is actually worth something now :) so I'm looking at replacing with a new A4 Avant.

Looking at the options, I'm thinking of the 2.0TFSI Quattro Black Edition, with technology and comfort pack. I have a test drive on Saturday, so I'm trying to see what sort of things I should be looking out for on the test drive/questions for the sales guy etc. For example, I have seen reported issues of lag etc on that engine/gearbox combo. Is it actually an issue?
Also, how have people got on with discounts/extras - are Audi happy to negotiate (I've initially gone through CarWow and price I'm quoted is about £7K under the ROTR, wondering if I can push further).

Finally, are there any other extras people would recommend getting fitted? In particular, the adjustable headrests, electric mirrors (not the memory option), the tour assistance pack, and the advance parking options

Welcome peoples' comments

Brett

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. I'm sure the guys in this section will advise you on what to go for. Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Hi,
New to here, but a long term Audi driver (A3 & A4 since around 2002).
Thanks to the Audi scrappage scheme, my 53 plate2.5TDI Quattro A4 (with 279,000 on the clock) is actually worth something now :) so I'm looking at replacing with a new A4 Avant.

Looking at the options, I'm thinking of the 2.0TFSI Quattro Black Edition, with technology and comfort pack. I have a test drive on Saturday, so I'm trying to see what sort of things I should be looking out for on the test drive/questions for the sales guy etc. For example, I have seen reported issues of lag etc on that engine/gearbox combo. Is it actually an issue?
Also, how have people got on with discounts/extras - are Audi happy to negotiate (I've initially gone through CarWow and price I'm quoted is about £7K under the ROTR, wondering if I can push further).

Finally, are there any other extras people would recommend getting fitted? In particular, the adjustable headrests, electric mirrors (not the memory option), the tour assistance pack, and the advance parking options

Welcome peoples' comments

Brett
Hi Brett and welcome to the forum, opening a discussion about lag and options will probably be like opening a can of worms. For some, it seems, any lag is dangerous, I for one don't really notice it and if I wish I can use use sport mode which seems to more or less eliminate it entirely.
As for options, as it is such a personal choice, it's what suits you and the use of the car. For me, folding mirrors are a must, and the touring pack for start/stop conditions in traffic jams makes the car far more relaxing to drive.
As for the adjustable headrests and advanced parking, how often would you use them to justify the cost? I had advanced parking on my focus and I used it twice, but then the option came with the car as standard...

Hi,

Hi Brett, and good luck with the test drive, looks like a great spec.

I can't comment on your first questions (not even an audi owner yet as mine's on order!) but re the Tour pack: I've had adaptive cruise control on my current car for four years and nothing has ever made so much difference to my driving. The effect on how tired you feel after a long journey is amazing, and it's probably the one thing I'll never do without again.

The only times I ever use the automatic parking is to make my daughter laugh, I'd never spend actual cash for it.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: cuke2u
Hi folks - thanks for the replies so far.
Appreciate never easy to answer the options question, but its good to hear peoples opinions on these things. (Given the cash, I'm sure I'd add them all :) )
I agree about the parking feature, not something I'm desperately in need of, so may well save the cash on it. The adaptive cruise control is probably the one I'm most considering, definitely something I'll be discussing on Saturday!

As for lag, had a feeling it was probably a 'personal' thing, so will be interesting to see how I get on with it on Saturday!

Good luck and I am sure you'll be impressed with the test drive as the new A4 is so much more refined than the older one was...