Hello Again

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Good Morning guys, blast from the past here :glee: it’s certainly been a while haha

I am considering returning to the dark side lol I would like to ask your opinion on a motor I have my eye on, it’s a lovely white B8.5 177PS Quattro with S-Tronic transmission.

Are there any things I should be looking out for on this engine, or on auto Quattro models in particular?

Also who will be first to run over and give me a big hug.. @Sandra maybe? :salute:

Reactions: Sandra
Hey Aaron, all I have to say is what took you so long, lol. How you doing? Where is this car? Is it at the dealers or over here on the mainland? I’m not that familiar with the A4, my time in an A4 was short, as you know, I prefer a smaller car. I’m sure the guys will help you out with info. Let me know how you get on. :)

Hey Aaron, all I have to say is what took you so long, lol. How you doing? Where is this car? Is it at the dealers or over here on the mainland? I’m not that familiar with the A4, my time in an A4 was short, as you know, I prefer a smaller car. I’m sure the guys will help you out with info. Let me know how you get on. :)
Heyyy Sandra, yeah I’m doing good, I hope you are keeping well :)

I’m just looking at the moment, nothing is set in stone so don’t get too excited lol the car is at a private dealer here and looks pretty good so who knows, I’ll keep you updated anyway :wink new:

Reactions: Sandra
Heyyy Sandra, yeah I’m doing good, I hope you are keeping well :)

I’m just looking at the moment, nothing is set in stone so don’t get too excited lol the car is at a private dealer here and looks pretty good so who knows, I’ll keep you updated anyway :wink new:
Hey Aaron, I’m good thanks. :) x

Welcome back bud.
I have had two of these only in Manual. Highly recommend and I still have my 2015 BE+ that will be for sale in July/ August or if someone had the cash it could be for sale now.

If you are going auto, check the box has been service as per schedule and depending on miles check about flywheel. Had my clutch, flaywheel and release bearing replaced under warranty.

PM me if any info needed

Thanks guys

@ruairi83 i think the flywheel is a little different in an auto, not as prone to wear maybe, or I could be wrong. What’s the Quattro like to live with daily? I heard it is harder on the juice and have you drove it in the snow?

I’m hoping resale values are a little better with these than they are with BMW.

Last edited:
@Brennan

Once you go Quattro you won’t go without Quattro again.
Is there a reason for Auto? I much prefer manual. Yeah your correct about auto as thin it has duel clutch.

Yes drove in the snow a few times and you can have so much faith in Quattro. Couldn’t be without it. These in standard guise without a map or DTUK box aren’t great on fuel. My first one I got a remap and it transformed the car and really really helped MPG. Same for the DTUK box. Remap or DTUK box are a must if doing big miles. Also check to see if it’s had emissions update as they seem to get even less mpg with that. I have declined it on my car and glad I have.

Reactions: Roadrunner146
Welcome back. 177 has a poor reputation for economy. S4 for the win? :)

Otherwise as @ruairi83 says check the box has been serviced every 38k miles or less. New box is expensive and any warranty will be void without the servicing.

Reactions: ruairi83
Without map I was getting low 30s and finding it hard to get above 40mpg. With map on the car could get over 50mpg no problem.

Reactions: scotty76