Helix clutch kit?

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thinking of replacing my clutch with the Helix organic like (Helix Road Clutch Kit - 2.0 TFSI Eng:- BWA, BWJ -9/2005->) ... a remap stage1/stage2 is on the cards soon...

Everyone on here seems to be using Sachs but I have been told they are a bit crap and people seem to have slippage issues.

Anyone any experience of Helix clutches in 2.0TFSI?

Cheers!

Very much depends on which clutch,and how much torque you intend running.

The SMF Helix has had issues with disengagement,whereas the Sachs and especially Loba/Sachs,seem to have no such problems.

I ran a Sachs organic and DMF on mine at up to 440bhp/440lbs,before it finally gave in,but one warning....run it in gently for a few hundred miles before hoofing it.

Also...the link you've given shows an organic clutch plate and a paddle clutch alongside.....just my own experiences,but paddle clutches don't go well with town driving,and don't cope with being slipped very well.

Very much depends on which clutch,and how much torque you intend running.

The SMF Helix has had issues with disengagement,whereas the Sachs and especially Loba/Sachs,seem to have no such problems.

I ran a Sachs organic and DMF on mine at up to 440bhp/440lbs,before it finally gave in,but one warning....run it in gently for a few hundred miles before hoofing it.

Also...the link you've given shows an organic clutch plate and a paddle clutch alongside.....just my own experiences,but paddle clutches don't go well with town driving,and don't cope with being slipped very well.

Thanks Alex :) Already decided to avoid the paddle clutch. While a bonkers hard launch would be nice, the hill/traffic driving of Yorkshire doesn't match. I think (im new to clutches and whatnot) im keeping the OEM DMF and going with an organic of some description. Just wondering how Helix fare against other brands.

One thing I know, im not gonna be putting 440bhp through it any time soon :p

Thanks Alex :) Already decided to avoid the paddle clutch. While a bonkers hard launch would be nice, the hill/traffic driving of Yorkshire doesn't match. I think (im new to clutches and whatnot) im keeping the OEM DMF and going with an organic of some description. Just wondering how Helix fare against other brands.

One thing I know, im not gonna be putting 440bhp through it any time soon :p

LOL...no worries.

It's not power that kills clutches,but torque,and drag style starts.

I don't think the Helix has any better or worse reputation than the others,but I do know the Sachs,and the Loba has a lot of good feedback also,but is an SMF setup.

LOL...no worries.

It's not power that kills clutches,but torque,and drag style starts.

I don't think the Helix has any better or worse reputation than the others,but I do know the Sachs,and the Loba has a lot of good feedback also,but is an SMF setup.

Thanks for the info :) *scratches chin* All very confusing tho, im just going off that Helix was recommended and it seems to be all Awesome stock for the 2.0TFSI going through the "pick ure car" stuff.

Thanks for the info :) *scratches chin* All very confusing tho, im just going off that Helix was recommended and it seems to be all Awesome stock for the 2.0TFSI going through the "pick ure car" stuff.

The only other choice I think would be the Sachs.

It is a good clutch,but with the warnings I gave about drag starts and ripping it from new.

Reactions: Unitronic
The only other choice I think would be the Sachs.

It is a good clutch,but with the warnings I gave about drag starts and ripping it from new.

Has anyone ever experienced the helix problem with disengagement as im experiencing it first hand and so far my mechanic has put thinner oil through the gearbox, changed the slave and now the servo and then it goes again, cant get it out of gear and is trying to drive the car and the only way to get it out is to drive but a bit difficult when reversing up to a brick wall and cant roll forward because the clutchs is biting??

I run standard sachs flywheel with a helix clutch had no problems

Has anyone ever experienced the helix problem with disengagement as im experiencing it first hand and so far my mechanic has put thinner oil through the gearbox, changed the slave and now the servo and then it goes again, cant get it out of gear and is trying to drive the car and the only way to get it out is to drive but a bit difficult when reversing up to a brick wall and cant roll forward because the clutchs is biting??

A few people have had this issue,but it seems difficult to predict or to pin down.

The clutch release bearing may be one item,but it doesn't explain why a number of people have had this problem,and Helix haven't got a fix for it.

It's highly frustrating, i've paid all this to have one fitted, then the slave now the master and ive still got the problem.... it's where i go from here i think my mechanic is given up

I have helix in my tdi, awesome bit of kit with no issues for 20k miles at approx 300ib ft tourque. They do take a while to bed in though

I just got the loba stage 2 clutch in and "OMG" is a unreal bit of kit. Drove it gently for a about 100miles and gave it some "beans"...
I'm running shark stage 1 with miltek Full D-cat, CAI.. and it scares me how much torque is....

Loba is the way forward...

I found mine very bitey for a few hundred miles, its a tdi, and stalled it a few times. It never really failed to engage though always very grippy