heating elements in seat - without heating option

shahedz

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Cab, it's the S- line special edition.

It has most of the options but no heated seats.

It has the black , leather seats with the lumber support and the air bags inside.

I believe they are Recaro- is it likely these seats will have the heating elements inside them , even if they aren't connected up?

My old Mercedes has a few options on the car- that just needed a star machine to make them active. But it was cheaper to build the car with the options on them so am hoping it's the same with the seats.

Wishful thinking I know!

Doubtful tbh, only way is to strip seat base/backrest, but I'd work on basis of no, given not known thus far any seats being prep'd with elements without actually heated being fitted factory.

People have hinted that it's possible they were fitted (due to a standard cost of build like you said), but no one has ever been able to confirm or deny whether audi seats have ever come with heated elements as standard...

If you're feeling brake strip a seat down and let us know! (I'm in the same position/spec as you on a 56' plate)

Given the elements on most are stuck to the foam from manufacturing & they make 2 types of seat foams 1 with & 1 without, highly unlikely they fit them as standard as there would be looms under the seats from the elements, I am/have been stripping a load of A5 sets of seats recently for a clients mods, which showed me the differences & build types.

Thanks for your replies guys.

That's disappointing! My mate said it was specific to the Recaros that had the air bag cushions that were on the B7 that they may have left them in.

I am as good a mechanic and working on cars as 'the hulk' is a baby sitter.

Thankfully my mate is a lot better he said he will strip down one seat anyway just to check and I will post back the results here.

**Sorry just updated due to bad taste comment

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH that maybe so as thats bucket seats, be warned the buckets are a pita to refit, so take your time & patients.

I thought the cab seats are all the same? Which includes B6 & B7 variants?

Unless you are the lucky owner of an RS4 cab with the optional bucket seats, those could well be recarro. But I've seen RS4s with normal cab leather seats (non-bucket) so doubt they are standard kit even on an RS4...?

Mine isn't an RS4.

Just the S- line SE. To be honest being new to it. I'm not 100% sure what you would call my seats. My mate just mentioned that he heard they could have them in, so I'll take him up on his offer of checking.

Fingers crossed!!

These are the standard A4 seats:

153416219.jpg

This RS4 on eBay has the bucket seats:

Audi RS4 Cabriolet 4.2 quattro | eBay
Just FYI :thumbsup:

Thanks JJmurphy21187 for the pics, mine are the standard seats ( for "standard" seats they're pretty damn impressive) so it's probably not worth pursuing this any further.

Thank you for all your replies guys.

You're :sign_welcome:

As cool as the RS4 bucket seats look, I've yet to sit in a car seat which I find as comfortable as the B6/B7 A4's (and that includes the new range of Audis).

If your mate is still willing to take a look under your cover it might be worth an hour and a 6-pack of beers, as this isn't the first time it's been suggested...

Just got off the phone to him. He's still willing to give it a go so will post results here. Fingers crossed.

I genuinely thought the seats I had were an optional upgrade- they are so comfy, look really sporty and are much better than the seats in the other cars I have owned.