Heater Vent Icon illumination - How To DIY!

i did it a while back, it looks a lot better when its dark, i also have put in illuminated door handles, red ambient lighting in the footwells and footwell lights when the doors open and the red marker lights in the doors aswell as the overhead ambient led's in the front and rear lights. All adds to the look

How easy is it to do the footwell lights and all the door lights?

Be aware that not all cup holders and coin trays have the led or the fibre optic strip that carries the light to the front of said parts fitted as standard, mine from memory had a illuminated coin tray but not cup holder so i had to source a new one, all the heater vents had them though.

I took the feed For the footwell lights from the interior light overhead. Bit of a cheat but works a treat. They all come on when one door is opened, not to everyone's taste but suits me. I mislead you slightly in my earlier post as I already had the red door markers, I added the puddle lights to the bottom of the doors which I simply wired off the red lights

Reactions: Welshquattro
I took the feed For the footwell lights from the interior light overhead. Bit of a cheat but works a treat. They all come on when one door is opened, not to everyone's taste but suits me. I mislead you slightly in my earlier post as I already had the red door markers, I added the puddle lights to the bottom of the doors which I simply wired off the red lights
Thanks,I'll have to research this more I think. What about the illuminated door handles,is it just a case of fitting illuminated ones or is there more to it like some wiring? Have been thinking about some small red LED's in the handles I have and using power from the window switch illumination, any thoughts.

i bought the whole handle assembly's brand new from ebay with the light panels got all 4 for £35 plus delivery. and as you say took the feed from the light in the window switch. I think an led behind the handle without any difusion would be to bright. The oem handles just give you a nice gentle glow