Heater matrix bypass

Crazy-chris

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to the site but I need a helping hand as its driving me mad.
I brought a 1998 a3 1.6 cheap but the car itself is great but I think the heater matrix has been bypassed as there's no heat and there is two metal pipes on the bolkhead with nothing on them. Could someone show me a picture of the top right of the engine bay. To see what pipes go where.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

The pic should be easy to find, but i assume you are not just going to reconnect the pipes because i'd bet the matrix is leaking hence the bypass

I can't get hold of the person I brought it from. So I'm 99% sure it needs a new matrix but I want to make sure. On the topic of a new one are they a job worth doing myself of getting a garage to do it. Cheers

Absolute sods doing that to you at this time of year, that is borderline dangerous imo. From what you have described what the others have said sounds bang on. I had to do it on an old A6 of my mums as it was more hassle than the car was worth to fix it so drove for as long as possible then skipped it when the weather put a stop to that. Anyway I digress....

Reactions: andy1