Heater blows cold

mark7

Reaction score
Hi guys. turned the temp up on my climate control tonight and it only blows cold/warm, even on 25 deg its not hot.
Air con is ice cold, but something certainly not right with the heat side of things.
Any ideas??

How's your coolant level? Was your engine up to temperature?

If you have vcds it's worth a plug in... Could be the motorised flap that switches from hot to cold.. Had this recently in mrs golf...

I had the same problem last night, although it did eventually start blowing warm air after having it set on HI for a while, I shall monitor it and get it back to Audi if needed.

Thanks guys. Temp gauge is reading normal, think i'll start with the thermostat then move on from there if no joy

if you change the thermostat and the problem persists the it might br the HEATER EXCHANGE MATRIX.

even if its the thermostat jamming open it would eventually heat up. Is it a diesel? mileage? My worst fears concern would be cylinder head gasket being away causing back pressure that stops the circulation of coolant but as gauge is reading fine it could be blocked matrix (feel the pipes in & out of the bulkhead) or a fault with the control panel/flaps as suggested above.