1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Heated washer jets?

CarbonMike Feb 7, 2020

1. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Registered User

Do B8.5's have these as standard?

They were standard fit on my old B7 but unless im a spastic, im quite sure the 8.5's, or atleast mine, doesnt have them?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. GAS MONKEY

GAS MONKEY Blood Sweat & Beers

Yes my b8.5 has them , I have moved over to the A6 fan type perfect fit as some others have

4. CarbonMike

Do they come on with heated rear screen or heated mirrors do you know??

I guess the A6 ones are heated too?

5. Marky007

Marky007 A4 Sline

Snap

GAS MONKEY likes this.
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Just check the existing for wired connection aswell as water pipe, then you'll know, they pop out generally.

7. CarbonMike

How do you turn them on??

By using the heated rear screen or heated mirrors?

8. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

They will be wired to be on always I'd think as they don't consume much power.

Edit:- I'm sure that if you are retro fitting them, you would need to buy a suitable cable set, I'd think that they only come with winter pack. I'm sure that my 2011 B8 S4 does not have them - but have not actually checked. I've forgotten where the washer jets are located, but if they are on the bonnet, if heated jets are fitted, there will be signs of a cable form working its way up from the body at the hinge areas.

9. GAS MONKEY

According to the manual the windscreen washer jets are heated when the ignition is switched on if the outside temperature is low

10. GAS MONKEY

Hope this helps 20200209_110415.jpg

11. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

That is sensible, but they would need to switch on during dropping temperature maybe to make sure that they are doing what they are meant to do when freezing conditions approach. It would be nice to think that Audi has done something that fits in with that, I've never ever noticed any difference in performance between a car with heated nozzles and a car without heated nozzles in Northern UK winter conditions, I always keep the washer fluid mixture fit for conditions.