Heated washer jets

way318

Reaction score
Just wondered is it easy to retro fit Heated washer Jets as mine are not heated and would like to change them to heated if I could. I imagine you can easily swap the jets over but how would you wire them up?

Sorry if its been covered before.

I don't sorry. I was speaking to Eddie in parts at Lincoln Audi about wipers and he said one was listed. Their telephone number is 01522 696900. From memory I think it was about £35

Annother Audi retrofi kit! i was in Camberley audi trying to get a new spoiler for my drivers side wiper but turns out i would need the complete arm, the parts guy said "we list a aero wiper retrofit kit for thoses arms" hence no need for the spoiler but on closer inspection this is only avalible for LHD, strange but true.

If anyone gets the part number for this retro fit kit for the washers, can you PM me with it...

Also with regards to aero wipers, just buy B7 arms which is what I did... it's a straight swap....

any one find the retro fit on this ??

I would like to know how you know if fitted..

Aero fitting kit for the B7 anyone got the part number and cost to change over? and some pics...

My A4 has aero's but it looks like cheap ebay ones.......could do with some guidance...

I would guess if you have wires going to the underside of the washer jets they're heated, if you don't then they're not.

Standard parts for B7 Aero wipers, you need the driver and passenger side wiper arms (they are different) plus 2 blades (they are the same). Cost me £105 inc vat from Lincoln Audi. I guess I could have saved a few quid buying the blades from anywhere but they had them in stock. Literally a 20 minute job to remove nut from old wiper arm, attach new arm and tighten nut. Good idea to mark blade position on windscreen before removing old blades to make sure fitting new ones in same position.

Drivers arm (B7) 8E2955408C
Passengers arm (B7) 8E2955407C

Retrofit heated washer kit for 2002 model is 4F0098101 which is priced at £26.65 + vat

Hope this helps everyone

I would guess if you have wires going to the underside of the washer jets they're heated, if you don't then they're not.

Spot on. Just pop the jet out from the underside of the bonnet and you'll see the wires going to it.

I don't know what the retro fit includes, but I'd be tempted to fit Passat fan style jets at the same time, thats a very worthwhile mod.

The info got from the Audi today was that there was no retro fit kit for Heated washer jets.

But will give ring them back tomorrow and mention - "Retrofit heated washer kit for 2002 model is 4F0098101 which is priced at £26.65 + vat" and see what they say.

But they were only looking for my car, which is a 2001 model. So the retrofit may only be for 2002 models onwards.

Will post back what they say.

Spoke to Audi main dealer again today and they said that part number 4F0 098 101 is the correct one for retro fit of heated washer jets and that is £31.98 inc P&P and would fit my 2001.

The reason they said that there was no retro fit kit yesterday was that they were not aware of this part number.

I checked when I upgraded my non-heated ones to Passat and I'm pretty sure there are no wires on mine (2001).

Spoke to Audi main dealer again today and they said that part number 4F0 098 101 is the correct one for retro fit of heated washer jets and that is £31.98 inc P&P and would fit my 2001.

The reason they said that there was no retro fit kit yesterday was that they were not aware of this part number.

That inspires confidence mate!

Whats the part numbers for the Passat heated washer jets and how much are they?

I presume they have the same wiring connector as the audi ones?

Hopefully!
I nipped into Audi on friday, got the part number for the retrofit kit. Thought I was super till I got back and found it was already on this thread. Fail.

Hopefully!
I nipped into Audi on friday, got the part number for the retrofit kit. Thought I was super till I got back and found it was already on this thread. Fail.

No a fail would be getting the part number, buying the retro fit kit and getting home to find your are already heated. haven't done this but i've done some equally as daft things over the years :)

Years ago I bought 3 litre of gearbox oil from VW at some insane amount of money. Put it in and forgot to put the drain plug back in. Oops.

Any how, I'll get my kit ordered and a set of passat heated washer jets. So if anyone needs a set of non heated passat ones. They'll be up forsale.

are the passat ones heated mate?

can be - same as the B6 A4, it's an option: you have to choose when you upgrade though.... £12 or so for the non-heated ones and about £30 for the heated (inc postage, from PJMSpeedy a couple years ago).

I went and checked mine before ordering: definitely no wires.... probably another SE option that was deemed non-essential for the Sport.... I keep mine warm with a V6 ;)

Whats the part numbers for the Passat heated washer jets and how much are they?

I presume they have the same wiring connector as the audi ones?

Try 5M0 955 986C 9B9 but check before you order. £30 ish.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/genera...jets-have-you-got-water-pistol-fan-spray.html

The connect the same, but you'll need to bond them into the underside of the bonnet as the fixings are different. Its a five minute job though, just be very careful unclipping the pipework as there is a fragile little plastic elbow just waiting to break!

Has anyone bought the retro fitting kit for heated washers? I don't want to pay £30 if it's for heated "water pistol" style (rather than fan style) and a couple of wires and fuses. If anyone could give me a bit more detail about the wiring side of things I'd buy the passat heated jets and make up the wiring myself.
cheers

that's what I'd like to find out so I can potentially add the wiring myself. I was actually kind of shocked to find out I don't have heated jets in a sport model.

I don't know how they work to be honest. There's no mention of it on Etka, just part numbers for heated vs unheated washer jets.

There's the wiring diagrams on Elsawin, but there was nothing obvious to me, maybe Woorlord can help?

I don't know how they work to be honest. There's no mention of it on Etka, just part numbers for heated vs unheated washer jets.

There's the wiring diagrams on Elsawin, but there was nothing obvious to me, maybe Woorlord can help?

Heated washer jets are pretty simple in design - basically as soon as ignition circuit is live, power is fed through a dedicated 5A fuse (Location S3) to the washer jets. Am guessing there is a temp sensor in the actual washer jets that turns the heating element on/off as required subject to outside ambient temperature. Here are the relevant circuits if you want to retrofit them.............

Audi%20A4-B6%20Heated%20Washer%20Jet%20Circuit.jpg

Last edited: