Heated seats

SDO

Reaction score
Hi guys i've put some S3 seats in my A3 and i'm finally pulling my finger out to get them working properly so have a couple of Q's

I'm wanting to get them working so that there heated aswell so firstly were all S3 seats heated? Also what do i need to get them working? do they plug into climate control unit? would this one work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-A3-cl...ryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

would it be an easy job as i'm a complete novice?

any help would be great

Cheers

Try a search on here mate, i am sure this has been covered before - the airbag connection is the major problem i should think. - I am not sure what you mean about the climate control, the heated seats, I always assumed, were controlled by a switch on the dash...(not all cars have this as an option).

Hi,

Clach is right. You need a separate switch pack for the heated seats. It's not part of that climate control module.

Not all S3 seats are heated, as it was an option. It is possible to retro fit the heater pads into the seats, but it's a major dismantling job, and you would also need to find the correct switch pack for the dash, (Do you have a single or double din stereo?), and then install the wiring under the carpet to each seat.

You can check if the seats have the heaters fitted by looking underneath. If you have 3 connectors, then yes, the seats do have the heaters fitted, only two = no.

Personally, I would say it's probably a waste of time doing a retro fit, unless either the seats or dash already have the heated option.

Cheers,

I retrofitted S3 seats into my A3. They have heaters built in (have 3 plugs underneath). I just need to order the dash switches, do some rewiring and should be done. Something for me to do in the summer I think.

Only problem I have is I can't get under the seats to find the part number of the heated seat plug (VAG Parts need this number in order to get me the corresponding connector) - can anyone help? I know I can remove the seats but don't really want to unless I have to (worreid about airbag going off or me not being able to refit it again!)

Hi,

Airbag will not be an issue provided you leave the ignition off while the airbag is unplugged.

I took my passenger seat out for a couple of days, and as I did not switch on the ignition, no problems.

Also, to take the seat out is only 2 bolts, and a 5 minute job, if I remember correctly...

Cheers,

Cheers - think i'm just being lazy and whenever I take car apart, i'm always left with screws and bolts leftover! I know it's not the same but puts me off. Think i'll take them out over weekend and get part number.