Heated seats

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi how easy is it to fit heated seats in an S3 from scratch. eg, heat pads for the seats wiring loom and switches.

This, my friend, is the hold grail, so many questions asked about it in the past, and no success from anyone.....

Good thing mine HAS heated seats huh? :)

they are sooooo nice on a cold winters morning.... cant belive ive lived without them for so long..... probably an absolute ******* to fit though:rock:

so snug in the winter, I have the seats on and the climate set to 19 deg c after doing a 12hr night shift, nice and warm but refreshing so I dont fall asleep at the wheel :)

Having seen the the S3 seats with the covers off; i would say it would be a total nightmare to retrofit these. Just TOO much work is involved and you risk not being able to get the leather back on tight which would look *****.
Best to get some heated mats that you can plug into your fag lighter.

Basically you need the correct heater pannel for the dash, the loom to the seats and the seat covers themselves

You actually find that the seat covers have the heat pads built in, so its a case of either getting seats with them in or buying a new set of covers from Audi. And their expensive! We used to do this sorta thing all the time when I worked for VAG.

Personally I didnt want heated seats, my Alcantara is never that cold anyway... cooled seats would be better when your sat in them for ages :p

i suppose you could always use a cigarette lighter connection and plug it in when you need it, maybe go a step further and put a variable switch inline to alter the temp:whistle2:

oooooooooooor, get into argos and buy one of those 'performance ' seat covers that look just like the type used by the Jetsons....... line it with an iguana heater pad and bang!! your away...... help cure the white **** syndrome you get from the summer hols too

oooooooooooor, get into argos and buy one of those 'performance ' seat covers that look just like the type used by the Jetsons.......

Im not sure whats a lesser evil, that idea or that horrible Silver/Grey/whatever it is heated leather some S3s come with..... :p

Thought you were fecking off to Germany...can you not get an earlier ferry:superman:

good job i have cream leather otherwise i might be offended hawhaw:keule:.....

Its all the same to me :p

Ring trips a bit shakey atm, meant to be going next thrusday BUT theres some serious snow issues going on atm

over in Germany im guessing?....... i worked there a few years ago and the snow falls are so much heavier than here...... also when the roads get wet you cant see the lines because they dont have cats eyes lol