Heated Seats

Rodney5950

Reaction score
Ive had a look around about this and cant come up with anything helpful. i have a 2.0tdi A3 and my drivers seat doesnt heat up anymore. I assume its not the fuse as the other seat heats up fine. Where is the fuse located and how easy it is to check the wiring? is it the cable under the seat or is that the airbag one which i dont really want to touch. Thanks

If OEM is anything like my retrofit, then it'll be one fuse for both seats. If one seat is working and one isn't, it's unlikely to be the fuse but I would always check everything when troubleshooting.

As for cabling, the heating plug under the seat is the large black rectangular one. The medium sized yellow one is the airbag and the smallest black one is the occupancy sensor I believe. It's perfectly safe to unplug any of those as long as you don't turn on the ignition whist they are disconnected.

I've read several threads on here about heated seat elements burning out, which is a possibility. It could be that or potentially the wiring. You could check everything with a multimeter but probably worth getting VCDS on it if you have it or someone local that can take a look.

Best of luck with the troubleshooting mate. Electrics can be a real ******.