Heated seats retrofit installation help? audi a3 8p

ps44u

Reaction score
Basically, iv got the leather heated seats, the loom from kufatec and the climate control with the heated buttons, is there anything else i require for this installation? i just wanted to know if anyone else has retro fitted heated seats into an a3 and if they could provide me with some assistance? because i know that its not just a plug and play job.

Basically, iv got the leather heated seats, the loom from kufatec and the climate control with the heated buttons, is there anything else i require for this installation? i just wanted to know if anyone else has retro fitted heated seats into an a3 and if they could provide me with some assistance? because i know that its not just a plug and play job.

Surely you will need the heating elements for the seats??

See above.

I think thats all you need.
the switches does all the controlling and the Kufatec loom makes it close to 100% plug and play.
You just need to earth the loom and plug it in to a live with a fuse.

right, that would explain the extra wires with the loom, theres three wires, im guessing, one must be permanent live, the other switch live and an earth? so could i earth it anywhere or is there a specific place?
cheers

use Elsawin! Kufatec cables from my experience are setup the same way that it would show you in Elsa... i could try and get you the diagram if you dont already have Elsa... what year is the A3?

its on a 2005 plate, and a diagram would be great! cheers

ok so i just managed to upload a screenshot of it for those who want it... (right click and view image for a larger view)

heateddriverseat.png

heatedpassengerseat.png

Hi j have the kufatec loom on the red and white wire to fuse box what'si you connect to the other end in fuse in box ?? If that makes sense
Audi A3 8p 2006

Hi j have the kufatec loom on the red and white wire to fuse box what'si you connect to the other end in fuse in box ?? If that makes sense
Audi A3 8p 2006
Wire configuration:

Red/ White - Constant Hot - Fusebox

Wires (Gray) on the opposite needs to be connect to the climate control Connector D PIN 13, 14 Brown - Ground point A-column White - climate control connector D PIN 2 (if already used solder onto line) Blue/ Yellow - climate control connector C , PIN 10 Blue/ Red - climate control connector C, PIN 9 Gray with Yellow mark - climate control connector D, PIN 5 Gray with Red mark - climate control connector D, PIN 6

All my wires. Are grey some have numbers on some don't im guessing the kufatec loom is made for left hand drive if this is the case I've connected the plugs the wrong way on seats

I have the same problem, I've messaged kufatec asking for updated instructions and also made some educated guesses.

I've tested the wires for continuity between the seat plugs and marked them for the drivers seat and passenger seat.
The 2 grey wires that connect to one crimp I assume are ground for some kind of sensor or signal in the seat, I'm pretty sure these are white in the instructions.

The two thicker grey wires are 12v, and I believe these are the grey with yellow mark and red mark, one for each seat.
Which only leaves 2 skinny grey wires which must be the signal wires (blue/yellow and blue/red). the problem is knowing from their instructions which one goes to which seat. :-/

Also I have the climate control unit in case that changes anything.

cheers
Riz

I just got a reply from Kuftec, apparently the wires have the colours written on them...I just checked and they don't have the colours written on them but the pins, and example T16d/5 so plug D pin5. hope this helps.

Check the pins with a multimeter, my harness was cross wired for the heat sensors.

Hi all recently brought a audi a3 sport 2.0 tdi 2004 and it has AUDI A5 COUPE SLINE LEATHER HEATED SEATS But the wiring for the seat are totoaly diffrent as the car is 2004 what do i need to do to get them to work?

We can convert them to work with your car. Have done it on a few cars now including my old a3 which had heated a5 seats in them.
Pm me for prices

Reactions: Nikolaos
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'll give it a try anyways as I am in the middle of retrofitting heated seats just now using the Kufatec loom.

All my cables was grey as well, so purchased a multimeter to figure out where the cables goes to/from. All good and I am running the cables now.

For the red/white cable which goes tot he fusebox - Am I correct that I should connect to "37 Heated Seats front"? If so, there is two holes, but one of them seems to fit with the plug (bottom one). Kufatec documentation just says "steady plus - fusebox". I can see that you guys says "Constant Hot" above, anyways, I just need to know where to plug in the red/white cable in the fusebox.

Thanks

Dragging this old thread back up,
I've just got some heated seats, I'm looking at getting the heater panel with the switches but some of them have different letters at the end of the part numbers, does this matter?
Also does the Kufatec loom have to be purchased or can the loom be taken out of the car the seats were from?

Thanks

Dragging this old thread back up,
I've just got some heated seats, I'm looking at getting the heater panel with the switches but some of them have different letters at the end of the part numbers, does this matter?
Also does the Kufatec loom have to be purchased or can the loom be taken out of the car the seats were from?

Thanks

I think it will be very difficult to remove the cables fitted in car already as I believe they will run along with a lot of other cables. I purchased the Kufatec loom, but it was not really including any instructions in regards to where the cables should go, so I had to purchase a multi-meter to figure it out. Running the loom will take you some time and is for sure not a fun task at all.

I just purchased a Climate Control with exact same design as the one I had + buttons for heating. I know that you cannot fit newer/older models without doing some modds, so I went for the same.

Reactions: s3reptdi
I think it will be very difficult to remove the cables fitted in car already as I believe they will run along with a lot of other cables. I purchased the Kufatec loom, but it was not really including any instructions in regards to where the cables should go, so I had to purchase a multi-meter to figure it out. Running the loom will take you some time and is for sure not a fun task at all.

I just purchased a Climate Control with exact same design as the one I had + buttons for heating. I know that you cannot fit newer/older models without doing some modds, so I went for the same.

Did you manage to complete your installation of the heated seats and if so did it take long to run the cables and connect them all up? Also what instructions did you use for wiring it all up?

I did manage yes.

It do take quite some time to remove parts for making the space for the cables. The pin guide was included with the cable kit from Kufatec. I didn't notice before too late, but the pins were also printed on to the cables.

I am working on a guide! Will update you once ready.

Reactions: PhillPaine
Hey FredrikA3
Did you get round to doing the guide?
Thanks in advance

My apologies. I have not yet created the guide. If it is any help, I follower below pin guide and url for pictures.

Pass/driv pin 1 - climate con d pin 2
Pass pin 2 - climate con c pin 10
Pass pin 3 - climate con d pin 5

Driv pin 2 - climate con c pin 9
Driv pin 3 - climate con d pin 6

(Driv = Connector on drivers seat, Pass = connector on passenger seat).

All the other information (with regard to power and ground wires) Is correct on the Kufatec instructions.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/retrofitting-heated-seats-without-a-kufatec-loom.232852/

Can anyone help with the wiring diagrams
For s3 audi 2011 plate heated front seats
And 66 plate 3 door s3 witing diagram for heated seats too?
Thanks

I have an audi a3 8p 2009 sb car without auto climate functions. (Just the 3 round levers). I am planning to retrofit leather heated seats from an audi a3 8v 2015. Is this feasible? What do I need?

Cheers

My apologies. I have not yet created the guide. If it is any help, I follower below pin guide and url for pictures.

All the other information (with regard to power and ground wires) Is correct on the Kufatec instructions.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/retrofitting-heated-seats-without-a-kufatec-loom.232852/

Sorry to kick this old thread up, but better extend a existing one than create a ton of new ones, right.

So, I have the clima unit, Kufatec loom and heated seats.
The pinout you describe above, is that the correct one? Note that I have a LHD (I'm from Holland) I think that shouldn't make any difference since the loom isn't changed or is it?

The ******* didn't even provide me with a manual, so if you can get your hands on yours I'd be happy to have it :D.
Next to the wiring, what is the best way to guide the wires through? Under the floor mats obviously but do you have any pictures?

Planning to document it well for future retrofitters since there isn't that many to find about..

Thanks in advance and cheers guys

Sorry to kick this old thread up, but better extend a existing one than create a ton of new ones, right.

So, I have the clima unit, Kufatec loom and heated seats.
The pinout you describe above, is that the correct one? Note that I have a LHD (I'm from Holland) I think that shouldn't make any difference since the loom isn't changed or is it?

The ******* didn't even provide me with a manual, so if you can get your hands on yours I'd be happy to have it :D.
Next to the wiring, what is the best way to guide the wires through? Under the floor mats obviously but do you have any pictures?

Planning to document it well for future retrofitters since there isn't that many to find about..

Thanks in advance and cheers guys

I did this myself but some time ago. I did follow this thread and these instructions. Mine is also a left hand drive since I am location in Denmark.

Instructions is attached

Attachments

• 0763d3a1f3b64013898128cb1eb3a163.jpg
    0763d3a1f3b64013898128cb1eb3a163.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 820
I did this myself but some time ago. I did follow this thread and these instructions. However I do not have the Kufatec instructions by hand. Mine is also a left hand drive since I am location in Denmark.

Oi mate,

I just received the cable and instructions.
I also have a LHD (Netherlands).

But for the world I can't figure out their weird instructions (see below). I don't know if those are correct too....

3.png

1.png

2.png

I’m thinking of doing this soon can anyone tell me what pins have to be used for RHD

I’m thinking of doing this soon can anyone tell me what pins have to be used for RHD

If you buy the kufatec cable you can just use their manual I guess.

If you can make any sense out of it, it's out of my world how unclear these instructions are lol.
Can also send you the document if you hit me your email through PM.

Yh can you send
If you buy the kufatec cable you can just use their manual I guess.

If you can make any sense out of it, it's out of my world how unclear these instructions are lol.
Can also send you the document if you hit me your email through PM.
Yh can you email it me my email bigjord18@live.co.uk thanks

I got it figured out for a LHD.

I will make a how-to this weekend and post it in the 8P chassis section. For the world they made it so complicated and hard to understand.
I'll make a picture how-to trying to explain everything as neat possible.

I followed the manual from Kufatec itself, and that worked. So I guess that the part for the RHD is also updated and works now. I will also include that for all you Englishman in the how-to :).