heated seats not working

Dansch

Reaction score
hi guys, as the title says really.

In my 2004 A3 3.2 v6 both front heated seats have never worked, never really bothered me but now it's getting colder I would like them on.

Checked the fuses on the Inside of the door and there was no fuse for the heated seats. So I popped one in there and they still don't work.

Is there anything else I can try/do?

Have you got single or double din? If double then Could be double din retro fit using climate control unit with heated seat option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got single or double din? If double then Could be double din retro fit using climate control unit with heated seat option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's just the standard single din from factory

So you got the single din heat unit with buttons for adjusting the heated seats?

Can you try and open the cover under one of the seats, take a picture of the cables. As well, let us know if the seats got any other features.

If some one took the fuse out it could be for a good reason so be careful. These self drying old peoples seat are useless anyway in my opinion. By the time they heat up, most of the wee has evaporated anyway :)

Reactions: ch1z64
So you got the single din heat unit with buttons for adjusting the heated seats?

Can you try and open the cover under one of the seats, take a picture of the cables. As well, let us know if the seats got any other features.
Yep just 0-6 heater controls I've gots. Also it's just the fronts that are heated. No rear heated seats

I am just thinking if the climate control might have been replaced with a version with heating buttons.

Under the front seats there is a cover. Open it, take a picture and attach to this thread then we can see if the seats are connected with heating or not.