Heated seats - It's getting cold - Do I need them?

ahfh1

Reaction score
I currently have heated leather seats in my VW Golf GTI.

I'm currently specifying a new A3 but I'm not going to go for leather seats. It will be the S-Line model, so just the standard half leather on the bolsters. As it's now getting cold just wondering if the standard S-Line seats feel 'cold' without heated seats? Or is it worth me specifying heated seats?

My current leather seats feel cold in the winter, so having them heated is a must, but I'm not so sure I'd need them on the S-Line seats.

Last edited:
Been using mine a lot recently, really nice :) It's not that bad without them but it's a nice extra.

In my opinion you only need heated seats with leather. Save some cash and spend it on something else. I know it's not that cold yet, but I can't see it being an issue with my sline seats.

Reactions: JohnM100
I have the standard S-Line seats in mine and i think they are great. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer as leather is cold in the winter and oftn sticky in the summer.
If i would have had the chance to spec mine up tho i would have gone for leather and heated seats but can honestly say i dont miss them not being there now i have the car. It is a nice option to have but if it means having leather to get the heated seats it may become an expensive option as im not sure if you can have heated cloth seats ??

I've ordered heated biathlon seats so that is possible. Not just for the general warmth in the winter but its great for pre-heating my lower back on the way to the gym and sporting activities.

Made for a very pleasant journey in this morning. I don't have S-line but do have the Alcantara/Leather split seats. I'd say it's not a necessity to have them, but it definitely makes it a nicer place to be overall.

Personally, I'm a fan of heated seats in a car, although it makes more sense if you have alcantara or full leather as they tend to be colder than cloth seats. You could probably quite easily get away without it on the part-cloth part-leather standard S-Line seats, however.

One thing I find is that the heated seats warm up quicker than the car interior warming up through just using the heating.

I live in Brisbane Australia and I still use them all the time. Why when I live in one of the warmest sections of Australia but the come in handy so often.

I use them to help me warmup and also cool down after exercise.

I deliberated over the very same thing when I ordered mine the other day. If I had gone with leather, I would have definitely opted for heated seats. I have left the S Line seats as standard and feel that as they are not full leather, the material shouldn't get too cold in the winter.

I have the standard s-line seats, but I immediately specced the heated seats when I ordered the car. I love them, and think they are great for cold winter mornings. They still work well on the part cloth/leather options.