Heated seats don’t work

Mazey035

Reaction score
Hello, just after some advice, I’ve checked the fuse for the heated seats and that seems fine, any advice to try get them working would be ideal thank you

When you turn up the seat temp dial is the light on ?

Few things, climate unit, relay, seat elements, fuses, those are the usual suspects, wiring doubtful unless its been toasted somehow, but highly unlikely.

If its both, it has to be a common denominator as 1 goes its usually the seat element, but 2 its 1 of the other 3 things.

You need to stick a meter on the wiring to check if its actually getting signalling.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Few things, climate unit, relay, seat elements, fuses, those are the usual suspects, wiring doubtful unless its been toasted somehow, but highly unlikely.

If its both, it has to be a common denominator as 1 goes its usually the seat element, but 2 its 1 of the other 3 things.

You need to stick a meter on the wiring to check if its actually getting signalling.
Cheers mate will check the wiring when I get home, I know it lights up when I put it on 6 and it’s on birth they both don’t work mate

As nigel mentioned , if both are non-functional then it will most likely be down to a common shared fault that affects both.

As nigel mentioned , if both are non-functional then it will most likely be down to a common shared fault that affects both.
Thank you mate, forgot bring my multimeter home from work so gona look at it tomorrow, then I’ll get back to you guys and see where we go from there! Thank you

Seat elements do fail but not that often and as both yours are non-functional it won't be that to blame, something more central to the system which covers both seats.

Seat elements do fail but not that often and as both yours are non-functional it won't be that to blame, something more central to the system which covers both seats.
I’ve put a new battery on the car as the old one was knackered and the wrong one so now the passenger seat is heating up but the drivers isn’t, don’t know if it was connected to the battery being flat or the wrong one but the passenger works but the drivers doesnt

I’ve put a new battery on the car as the old one was knackered and the wrong one so now the passenger seat is heating up but the drivers isn’t, don’t know if it was connected to the battery being flat or the wrong one but the passenger works but the drivers will