Heated Seat Issue / Rear Wiper Issue S3 2007

Stedman

Reaction score
Hello all, can you help me please,

As mentioned with the subject filed i have two issues in which require outside assistance, i done a quick search within the forum as i am sure these issue have been covered before however i could not find anything.

The heated Seats
I firstly checked the fuse to ensure i had power leading to the initial switch and could confirm the fuse was ok, not wanting to pull the dash apart i then proceed to check i had 12 volts to the seats heaters themselves, i checked the yellow plug underneath the seats which has three cables so i must assume there is three heaters within the seats.

i could not see any other cables entering the seats so tested all cables at this plug, there was no voltage so i must assume the control thermostat is faulty or the switch, which one is the most common to go and how can i located or test?

The Rear Wiper
Again i have no response from the wiper and the fuse is fine, i tested at the wiper to check the integrity of the motor which also seems fine, the switch on the steering column is pushed forward which should activate the wiper but i have no power to the motor, i must assume there is a relay somewhere which is faulty or the motor is also faulty and took the relay out, again is this common on S3's?

Please Help

Hello all, can you help me please,

i checked the yellow plug underneath the seats which has three cables so i must assume there is three heaters within the seats.

Yellow plug means airbag. So you're not on the heater circuit. Heater pulls a few amps so expect heavy wiring.

I tested at the wiper to check the integrity of the motor which also seems fine, the switch on the steering column is pushed forward which should activate the wiper but i have no power to the motor

Can you please explain this. No power at the motor doesn't indicate good motor integrity.

I'd suggest double checking and confirming that you're testing the correct circuits.
If you're still struggling, let me know and I can pull circuit diagrams for you and advise on appropriate testing.
ATTENTION: I don't advise you carry out electrical testing if you are working around airbag systems - you could end up firing an igniter circuit.

Yellow plug means airbag. So you're not on the heater circuit. Heater pulls a few amps so expect heavy wiring.

Can you please explain this. No power at the motor doesn't indicate good motor integrity.

I'd suggest double checking and confirming that you're testing the correct circuits.
If you're still struggling, let me know and I can pull circuit diagrams for you and advise on appropriate testing.
ATTENTION: I don't advise you carry out electrical testing if you are working around airbag systems - you could end up firing an igniter circuit.
Hi there,

many thanks for your response,

firstly the only cabling i see entering the seats were the yellow connector, i can appreciate the heater cabling being a bit more meeting and thank god i never set of an air bag, i shall re-check and locate the correct cabling to verify my original diagnosis.

in relation to the rear wiper i carried out a simple resistor test to see if the motor was either open circuit or dead short, i can not recall the exact reader but it seemed reasonable for that type of windings.

i would really appreciate a wiring diagram if one is available, can you confirm common problems with such items?

Wiper motors are common to go & the seat if heated will have a big 10 pin iirc black connector in yne floor pan that goes to the seat.

I can pull wiring diagram when I get a chance if you PM vehicle details including FULL VIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk