heated seat harness question, need help !

marcjwebb

Reaction score
hello.

with the s-line heated seats, are the wiring harnesses specific to the climate control unit they were joined to? or can i use one pulled from another a3?

i have just fitted s-line heated leather seats into my car, along with the climate control unit they were paired with, i am now being told by a seller that the harnesses ( just a bunch of wires ) are coded to the climate control unit they were sold with

please could someone help clear this up, as I can't see how some wires carry code

a fellow member gave you some good advice on your previous post. You need a harness. The harness does not carry code. It carries electricity. The coding tells the car to supply electricity to the loom so that your seats will warm. so you need to purchase the correct harness and then connect it to the HVAC and run it under the carpet and connect it to the seat looms in the box under the seat and then find a ross tech vcds dongle or better yet purchase one and then code the car to let it know you have heated seats and after that your bum will be warm. if you need specifics then perform a search on this subforum as this has been completely covered in detail

Reactions: ch1z64 and marcjwebb
I bought this one https://www.kufatec.com/en/audi/a3/...heating-harness-for-audi-a3-8p-8p-sport-34045

Pass/driv pin 1 - climate con d pin 2
Pass pin 2 - climate con c pin 10
Pass pin 3 - climate con d pin 5

Driv pin 2 - climate con c pin 9
Driv pin 3 - climate con d pin 6

(Driv = Connector on drivers seat, Pass = connector on passenger seat).

All the other information (with regard to power and ground wires) Is correct on the Kufatec instructions.

Reactions: ch1z64