Heated s5 b8 seats

Ryan Coffman

Reaction score
I have s5 heated seats that I purchased , I fit them in finally, got the power function to work to adjust position, and airbag, but I can get the heated parts working. my car had heated seats already, I’ve only managed to get the heat to turn on, but it stays on.
I have read the posts from Ash187, and I’m hoping he will chime in as I dont know how to send a direct message

Needs special looms with relays & the backrest & base elements rewired to be separate, it's not a quick job tbh, done quite a few for clients.

Even if the car I’m installling then in has had heated seats from factory ? I talked to someone who has done this on the Facebook forums . He just wired them in, and had a diagram

I talked to someone who claims they can hook them up, again my car is wired for heated seats . I am in the USA , is this not possible without relays lol?

You've been advised correctly, so you need to take that onboard.

The seat wiring has to be adapted to suit, I make pnp looms for these installs, but it's not a cheap job as it takes some time to build, you can't do the job without relays & I wouldn't suggest cutting the plugs of, best option is to make it a pnp solution.

I can't explain the work required it would take too long tbh, any competent Audi aware auto electrician should be capable, be careful as they can mess it up majorly if done incorrectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash187
You've been advised correctly, so you need to take that onboard.

The seat wiring has to be adapted to suit, I make pnp looms for these installs, but it's not a cheap job as it takes some time to build, you can't do the job without relays & I wouldn't suggest cutting the plugs of, best option is to make it a pnp solution.

I can't explain the work required it would take too long tbh, any competent Audi aware auto electrician should be capable, be careful as they can mess it up majorly if done incorrectly.

Hey , shooting you a personal message for more info please on p&p harness, I am very excited to hook this up , please send more info on it and what the cost would be . Thanks

I have gotten the seats to work properly , but can’t get the adjustment for heated to work after grounding heated wire.