Heated Front Seats

lanky

Reaction score
My Car has the controls for the heated front seats but they dont work. I checked to see if there were any fuses for it in the fuse box but there wasnt. My question is how hard would it be to get the heated seat function to work?

1st check if the wirings there, as find it strange you have dials, but no elements, unless someone's replaced there's & cause there a tight ****, they stuck a heated seat version in instead of without.

Hi, assuming the obvious and you've tried putting in fuses. If you look under your seats there may be a spare/empty socket where the wiring loom will go into for the heated seat. This will only be there if the heated element is fitted to your seats. On the A3 8L this was usually a green socket.

Im sure you can purchase the wiring loom from kufatec. Not 100% with fitting on the 8P but likely to be similar to 8L. A Connector to each seat and each switch/control. It will need to be earthed and have a connection to lighting for switches to illuminate and about 2 wires connected to relays. Dependind where relay board is located, parts of the dash trim is likely to have to be removed.

AFAIK with my research & installs, which may have changed on MY10/11 cars, but only on the rears had an occupation sensor for the heated seats, fronts didnt, occupation sensor for fronts was used for seat belt recognition only, I'll check the schematics, but I'm sure its correct.