Heated Factory Recaro's

g60leigh

Reaction score
Been reading a few other posts and people's comment have made me wonder.
I have a S3 with black full leather recaro's.
I don't have a switch or control for any heat parts to them. They movement controls are all on the side.
Seen people say they have just added switches and wire loom as there seats have heating element already installed.

Do all recaro's have the heat elements installed or is there a way of telling if mine has them?

Mine have switch on.dash near esp and rear window Heater button

Not at the bottom.for u ??

Must be getting a cold bum.now with cold weather etc

Mine doesn't have any switches.
I think it was one if the few factory options not chosen.

I have seen on some other posts that people have just wired their seats up but it's not mentioned if they are the original seats or swapped in ones.
I am considering retro fitting it if the elements are already in the seats?

I have seen that Kufatec do wiring looms to allow retro fits. And I am happy enough to do any wiring etc but don't fancy pulling the seats apart to add the element.

IMG_5424.jpg

The heated element plug is the green plug is this picture, try have a look under your seats to see if you have said green plug, otherwise retrofitting is the only option to keep your seats, or you could try buy a set with heating elements and sell yours on.

I would also like to no this as it would have been a finishing upgrade for the full leather recaros. I seem to recall that i have the green plug which im sure i saw when i had seats out looking at the sliders!

What would be needed if i had the said plug? Just the wiring loom and switches?

IMG_5424.jpg

The heated element plug is the green plug is this picture, try have a look under your seats to see if you have said green plug, otherwise retrofitting is the only option to keep your seats, or you could try buy a set with heating elements and sell yours on.

Thank you niallh.
That's exactly what I was wanting to find out. I will have a look for it tomorrow. Is it located to the front or back of the seat?

I would also like to no this as it would have been a finishing upgrade for the full leather recaros. I seem to recall that i have the green plug which im sure i saw when i had seats out looking at the sliders!

What would be needed if i had the said plug? Just the wiring loom and switches?

If you have the green plug then the seat has heating elements installed as standard. A loom, switches and the patience to install the loom is all thats needed. Theres a good guide on uk-mkivs.net which I used to install in my A3, an hour or so to install and then warm cheeks all round

I have just looked underneath my seats and its like the pic above but no green plug so I guess you would needed get actual heated seats or open non heated ones up and fit elements.

Thank you niallh.
That's exactly what I was wanting to find out. I will have a look for it tomorrow. Is it located to the front or back of the seat?

From memory on my drivers side seat the plugs are located on the side which is nearest the centre of the car and towards the middle og the seat. It is possible to check without removing the seat, remove the plastic that covers the bolts for the seat and with a torch and your head at a funny angle you can just about make out if you have a green plug.

I have just looked underneath my seats and its like the pic above but no green plug so I guess you would needed get actual heated seats or open non heated ones up and fit elements.

Actual heated seats is probably an easier option to retro fit the heating elements, positive that ive seen a guide for doing it but the elements were about £60 each and there are base and back elements.

Interesting I don't have heated seats but will be looking later to see if I have the plug :)

I've tried to look but to be honest I can't see jack s**t.
Is that bracket attached to the underside if the seat base or near the car floor.
Struggling to get a bearing of where to look. Most if the underside if my seat base is covered in black fabric so not able to see anything.

There is a bracket attached to the seat frame near the floor but it looks more like part of the car loom than the seat loom.

I'm yet to have a look at this.. I actually fit seats for a living, should be done by now lol.

If you have the green plug then the seat has heating elements installed as standard. A loom, switches and the patience to install the loom is all thats needed. Theres a good guide on uk-mkivs.net which I used to install in my A3, an hour or so to install and then warm cheeks all round

Can you remember what the link was?

So the plug for heated seats hidden under the metal casing on the floor?

No if the seat already is equipped with the heating element it will have a green plug on the underside of the seat...

Will it be under the fabric, there is limited visa polity under the seat, will it be next to the existing cable?
I have the blue Alcantara seats does anyone have these heated