Headunit.

Ajcman

Reaction score
Hello

I'm thinking of changing my head unit of my 2011 A3 Sline, it had the Audi concert unit I think fitted. I would love to swap this out for a touch screen unit.

Are there any that are plug and play or do I have to be a bit more technical with it?

Basically plug and play, you will probably need a autolead adapter, then that should be it.
Mine has the BOSE system in and was a bit fiddly, but sorted now.
Only issue i have in that when turning off the engine the radio goes off as aswell , but not a major problem tbh

Basically plug and play, you will probably need a autolead adapter, then that should be it.
Only issue i have in that when turning off the engine the radio goes off as aswell , but not a major problem tbh
10997806_10153190537619924_1450273612562878917_o.jpg

18057743_10155362503024924_5850203697272061172_n.jpg

How did you manage this? I can't find a switched live on mine (looks exactly the same as the one in your profile pic, same colour too haha). I have to turn the radio off for the engine to go off. I can take the key out as well the engine still runs if the radio is on.

To the OP the touchscreen units are worth it. I have an android head unit installed with GPS and such, good for answering the phone while driving too.

I struggled with mine, spoke to dynamic sounds and they knew exactly what bit was needed. All plug and play, head unit comes on and turns off with the ignition. Helpful people!

Reactions: Ajcman
How did you manage this? I can't find a switched live on mine (looks exactly the same as the one in your profile pic, same colour too haha). I have to turn the radio off for the engine to go off. I can take the key out as well the engine still runs if the radio is on.

To the OP the touchscreen units are worth it. I have an android head unit installed with GPS and such, good for answering the phone while driving too.

Switched live on the fusebox, i used the one for the rear wiper, but any can be used that come on with the ignition.

What APP is that on your phone / phablet Trevor? Thanks
Torque Pro on my android tablet (this stays in the car all the time and has sat nav etc on it) I use a bluetooth connection via
the OBD2 port

I have Dash Command on it aswell but this is refusing to pair with the adapter on the OBD2 for some reason although works
fine with my wi fi adapter plugged in

Switched live on the fusebox, i used the one for the rear wiper, but any can be used that come on with the ignition.

I set the unit to use rear wiper fuse but still stays on even with the key out of the barrel. If the radio is on the engine doesn't turn off when I remove the key. Only when I turn the radio off the engine then shuts down

I set the unit to use rear wiper fuse but still stays on even with the key out of the barrel. If the radio is on the engine doesn't turn off when I remove the key. Only when I turn the radio off the engine then shuts down
2 of the wires in the wiring harness need to be switched around, a yellow and a red, simply a matter of unplugging them and switching them around

Reactions: MrSmithr
Cheers for that mate, appreciate that.

I've been looking at changing my head until on mine from the Audi Concert, something with a touch scream, dab and something I can connect my phone too as well via Bluetooth.

Is there any recommendations? My car also have the Bose of it makes any different

I've been looking at changing my head until on mine from the Audi Concert, something with a touch scream, dab and something I can connect my phone too as well via Bluetooth.

Is there any recommendations? My car also have the Bose of it makes any different

I'm in exactly the same position, but the dab antenna is my issue currently.

I'm in exactly the same position, but the dab antenna is my issue currently.

I am also looking at getting a new radio, this one has been mentioned on here quite a few times:
http://xtrons.co.uk/pb76aa3arp-7-hd...car-dvd-player-custom-fit-for-audi-a3-s3.html

I am also looking for an antenna instead of the ones in the windows, currently looking into if the OEM shark fin would work.

Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB works brilliant
Trevor.

Does the DIS work, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls all function as normal. Its a bit of a concern to me that it would just work out of the box...

I have a double din concert, S-line so lots of bits and bobs including BOSE presently..

cheers

Kevin

Trevor.

Does the DIS work, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls all function as normal. Its a bit of a concern to me that it would just work out of the box...

I have a double din concert, S-line so lots of bits and bobs including BOSE presently..

cheers

Kevin

No DIS does nt work for the radio, i think there is a adapter interface you can get but tbh not really looked into it.
Mine does nt have the steering wheel controls but with correct adapter they will work.
I have BOSE and it works perfectly

Reactions: 964kevin
Hi I know this is a bit late but I fitted a pumpkin head unit with reverse camera and it was spot on. no issues with rear speakers not working