1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headrest Removal

Rob_F Aug 15, 2017

1. Rob_F

Rob_F Member TFSI Owners Group Team Tango Audi A4 S-line owners group

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the front headrests? I tried looking for an obvious button but couldn't find one. Searched online and saw some videos were there is a magic hidden button at the back of the seat. I've tried pressing everywhere and just can't find it.

Coastie.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I don't think it is possible as from page 70 of the manual suggests only the rear ones can be removed by using the emergency key..

4. Manity

Manity New Member

Hi there is no special button on the B9 you need a special tool KM-J-42372 which you insert down the front of the shaft which releases a clip. ive just come from a 2016 a6 which has the adjustable forward backwards movement headrest. i find the a4 headrest doesnt reach forward enough and i have about an inch gap from where im comfortable sitting from my head to the headrest.

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

ive found a seller on AliExpress who sells the A4B9 - A6C7 which slots in fine gonna retofit it.

Capture3.JPG

WesT-gef├╝l likes this.