Headlights!

Mark27721991

Reaction score
ive had my car now for a few months, the headlights drive me crazy, i hate the yellow halogen bulbs, is there any upgrades for the headlights?
I know theres alot of hassel to swap them to the s line ones
If not what bulbs should i upgrade to many thanks

ive had my car now for a few months, the headlights drive me crazy, i hate the yellow halogen bulbs, is there any upgrades for the headlights?
I know theres alot of hassel to swap them to the s line ones
If not what bulbs should i upgrade to many thanks
Go for Hids ....xenons did the wife's car A3 much better. Just a pig to fit nearside wheel and inner liner out to reach lamp .unless you have really small hands

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Go for Hids ....xenons did the wife's car A3 much better. Just a pig to fit nearside wheel and inner liner out to reach lamp .unless you have really small hands

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Beware though, retrofitting HID's to halogen lamp units is not legal. Not legal equals, in no particular order, danger to other road users, danger to you, not C&U regs compliant, and an easy way for an insurer to deny your claim in the event of an incident, and render you uninsured (and thus uninsurable, poor, and liable for lots and lots of costs that your insurer would normally pick up). Besides, halogen reflector units are entirely the wrong shape for a point source lamp like the arc in a discharge lamp. The output will be awful.

Buy some high quality lamps to replace the existing tired yellowing ones. Filament lamps age quite badly, and a difference between a used set and new set of modern lamps like night breakers will be like night and day, if you'll forgive the pun.

Reactions: Mark27721991, KenL and Phutters
Beware though, retrofitting HID's to halogen lamp units is not legal. Not legal equals, in no particular order, danger to other road users, danger to you, not C&U regs compliant, and an easy way for an insurer to deny your claim in the event of an incident, and render you uninsured (and thus uninsurable, poor, and liable for lots and lots of costs that your insurer would normally pick up). Besides, halogen reflector units are entirely the wrong shape for a point source lamp like the arc in a discharge lamp. The output will be awful.

Buy some high quality lamps to replace the existing tired yellowing ones. Filament lamps age quite badly, and a difference between a used set and new set of modern lamps like night breakers will be like night and day, if you'll forgive the pun.

Used the hate the cars that had the old glass headlights and then added HID's, when they were driving towards you at night it was almost impossible to see until they'd gone past!

Agree. After market HID kits are a pain to other road users. The police should be doing more to keep these off the road.

Osram nightbreaker unlimited are a good upgrade bulb.

Agree. After market HID kits are a pain to other road users. The police should be doing more to keep these off the road.

Osram nightbreaker unlimited are a good upgrade bulb.

Down the order now others have caught up .

A 5th placer and still yellow at 3700K .

There are so called 5000K available but won't boost performance , if it's primarily a Kelvin fix , that's the one .

My S3 came with xenon but in my yaris with halogen bulbs I was using osram night breaker unlimited. Lasted 2yrs and I replaced with osram night breaker laser now. Cost me £2 more off amazon and colour wise look the same... no way near as white but driving at night is a dream, light up the road really good! Coupled with SENSIBLE smd sidelights, lights look as white as you'll get.

I tried the nightbreaker, laser and other and finally settled on Philips racing vision +150% that IMO give the best and brightest white light for night driving. Been in nearly a year now and no probs

Reactions: amit87
Brightest halogen bulb available , shame about the 200 hr life . It won't be a white light @ 3700K .

Next best bulb and good life , Ring Xenon 130.