Headlights question

scottshere

Reaction score
I noticed that the new cars (compared new Audi) have much brighter or should I say more white looking headlights

Now I know I have Zenons (2013 build)
Is it just a case of the bulbs getting old and changing colour or do they now fit a different bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peter Metcalf
I'd like to know the answer to this question too

LED lights on newer cars?

Almost certainly you are seeing facelift sline cars which come with led headlights as standard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost certainly you are seeing facelift sline cars which come with led headlights as standard

Off topic but does your user name mean you have an elan +2s?

Would be nice to know this, as I'm probably going to get a 14 reg but all the ones I've seen just miss out on the new lights so would be good to see if it can be converted and how much

Would be nice to know this, as I'm probably going to get a 14 reg but all the ones I've seen just miss out on the new lights so would be good to see if it can be converted and how much

LED lights were an option on pre-facelift cars but don't think they were that common due to cost. Retrofitting may not be straightforward either. I drove a facelift with LEDs just before I got my facelift with xenons and I would have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. Whiter yes but did not feel they were that much better than the xenons and I was coming from an a6 with halogens, but maybe I was just setting my expectations too high. Facelift lights do not fit prefacelift as they are a different shape