Headlights need restoring

doublem_1

Reaction score
I plan to restore the headlights on my A3 as they seem a bit hazy and a little yellow. I remember seeing a guide knocking about, anyone got the link?

Also, are the facelight head lights a plastic or glass lense? If they are plastic will a normal polish be ok to use?

And are the headlights simple to remove as I'd prefer to take them off if I could.

The facelift lights are plastic, well mine are :) There's loads of guides of wet sanding headlights, just get some 1500 & 2000 & 3000 grit wet and dry paper plenty of water, use a sanding block / pencil rubber as a backing plate rather than your hands and just take it easy. Meguiars plast-x is good for removing the sanding marks, but most things will require a machine to remove the sanding marks unless you have arms like popeye :)

To remove the headlights isn't a massive job but it's a bumper off job I'd just tape up the surrounding areas around the lights with masking tape and go for it :)

Done a few of these now, so if there's anything you want to ask, feel free :)

Thank you very much, very informative. Ok I'll tape up the surrounding bodywork and buy some plast-x as I've seen that in the shops. Hopefuly it'll turn out ok!