Headlight woes s3 xenons 2001 facelift

brm180

Reaction score
Looking for some advice please.
I unplugged both headlight adjuster motors today as they wernt working as such. The N/s one came out with no issues but the o/side was was more difficult. Anyway as I removed thr motor I noticed a piece of plastic was loose on the inside of the headlight, , is this what the adjustment spindle locates inti or is it something else. When I re installed the motors it seems as though they just went into an empty space as there was no resistance and I didnt have to manipulate the the motor shaft in anyway at all. Is there something inside the headlight that the shaft locates into. The piece of plastic was loose on the inside bore where the shaft was removed from. Is this something that can be repaired if I remove the headlights from the car. I dont really want to pay Audi £638 per headlight if I can fix them myself. Alternatively I will try and source a decent pair of replacements.

Any help or advice is appreciated. ...

Hi if you took the motors out there is a there is a plastic clip it sits into you have probably broken it,the best way to put the motors back in is to remove headlight.you can buy new clips on e-bay about£4 I think.There is a link to a video on how to put the motors back in but make sure the motors are fully extended,hope this helps