1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues - 21/07/18

Please accept our apologies for difficulties you may be experiencing using the site this afternoon.
    We are aware of a technical issue and are working to resolve it. There may be more brief outages this afternoon. We will aim to keep disruption to a minimum, but unfortunately some is inevitable in order to resolve the issue with minimum delay.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Headlight washers

Antjos1 Jul 10, 2018

1. Antjos1

Antjos1 New Member

Hi all
    How often does the headlight washers come on.
    Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

I think it's a to 1-3 ratio maybe wrong

4. Matt Titanium

Matt Titanium Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 Manual

Whenever you've just washed the car and the bonnet is clean.

5. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Well-Known Member Team Navarra TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

I'm sure the 8V FL is different.
    Previously it was every so many skooshes (when lights were on).
    Someone may correct me here, but I think you now need to hold the stalk back longer (when lights are on) and can therefore choose, which is better.

Ron240 likes this.
  6. josul

josul Active Member Team Daytona Audi S3 S tronic Sportback

Yeah PFL is every x amount of screen washers, changeable though VCDS I believe. With FL you hold the stalk for a few seconds with lights on. To just wash the screen there is no need to hold at all.

Audi Bairn and Ron240 like this.
  7. SamR92

SamR92 Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Audi A3 TDi Sportback S-line owners group

This is so, so true!

8. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Buy some Angelwax Clarity screenwash and you'll avoid all the staining normal screen wash leaves.