• 639B2AAD-AA39-4D65-999C-85FB00AB354C.jpeg
    639B2AAD-AA39-4D65-999C-85FB00AB354C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,465
  • A646A49B-FE8B-4816-BDBD-A5331E66CA29.jpeg
    A646A49B-FE8B-4816-BDBD-A5331E66CA29.jpeg
    828.2 KB · Views: 757
If frozen pour warm water over

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have tried a good few litres of warm water but no joy. Should they retract themselves, or do I need to push them?

Have tried a good few litres of warm water but no joy. Should they retract themselves, or do I need to push them?
They should had this on A6 I pulled lightly out and they went in on own . ?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
They should had this on A6 I pulled lightly out and they went in on own . ?

I’ll give it another go at lunch time, hopefully the sun has warmed them a little. Screenwash is supposed to protect down to -22, clearly cheap crap haha

It should go back in by itself when it warms up, mine on my GTI used to do it on very cold days.
They are pushed out via water pressure and when you are driving the wind chill freezes the feed pipe.

Reactions: Jassyo06, happytalk73 and Audi Bairn
Gone back in now thankfully, hopefully were done with the -8 temps!

Reactions: vinvinian
It should go back in by itself when it warms up, mine on my GTI used to do it on very cold days.
They are pushed out via water pressure and when you are driving the wind chill freezes the feed pipe.

Yes. IIRC They are pushed out under pressure from the water but rely on springs to retract back in again.

Is it possible to get the washer to stick out without operating it (or freezing it) noticed on my way home, one of the nozzles now launches it completely over the car

If they are spring loaded (like on many other marques) you can simply (and gently) lift them up. However, please research first. I've been wrong on many occasion. :redface new:

You can get someone else to operate them and grab them when they are out, best to do it in warm weather as you will end up soaked :soap: