Headlight Washers Sticking

tronicx

Reaction score
Seen a few postings on this but nothing conclusive.. simple solution or back to the Dealer? It retracts happily when the flaps pushed down a little, looks like either the spring on the flap is too tense or the jet comes out too far.

Headlight washer

I could be completely wrong here, but, I think that this has been covered in detail either on this forum or another English speaking forum. I think that a small section/area needs trimming off - that is all I've remembered. Maybe try Google!

I could be completely wrong here, but, I think that this has been covered in detail either on this forum or another English speaking forum. I think that a small section/area needs trimming off - that is all I've remembered. Maybe try Google!

Thanks for that...

Yes it has been covered a few times now (by me) lol if you want I will get a pic of the bit that needs trimming when I get home tonight? It is easy enough to do with a dremmel or a sharp knife if you don't have a dremmel and you are careful.

Yes it has been covered a few times now (by me) lol if you want I will get a pic of the bit that needs trimming when I get home tonight? It is easy enough to do with a dremmel or a sharp knife if you don't have a dremmel and you are careful.

That would be great - I had seen people had trimmed something but never any pictures or descructions.. I also saw there was possibly a dealers' note about it, but still nothing definitive.

Cheers

No problem I will get pics when I get home of mine, although on here somewhere I did answer this question to somebody with pics but I will get some more it's no problem :)

Reactions: grainqey
It's just that little nib that needs taking off, that's all Audi did with mine and it has never stuck since :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,348
Cool - so they just filed the inside/lower bit of the notch then, just where the washers push on it...

Thanks!

That's right mate yeah just get rid of the little strip of plastic and you should be ok