Headlight Washers Sticking

tronicx

Seen a few postings on this but nothing conclusive.. simple solution or back to the Dealer? It retracts happily when the flaps pushed down a little, looks like either the spring on the flap is too tense or the jet comes out too far.

headlight_washer.jpg

rum4mo

I could be completely wrong here, but, I think that this has been covered in detail either on this forum or another English speaking forum. I think that a small section/area needs trimming off - that is all I've remembered. Maybe try Google!

tronicx

I could be completely wrong here, but, I think that this has been covered in detail either on this forum or another English speaking forum. I think that a small section/area needs trimming off - that is all I've remembered. Maybe try Google!

Thanks for that...

SI-W85

Yes it has been covered a few times now (by me) lol if you want I will get a pic of the bit that needs trimming when I get home tonight? It is easy enough to do with a dremmel or a sharp knife if you don't have a dremmel and you are careful.

tronicx

Yes it has been covered a few times now (by me) lol if you want I will get a pic of the bit that needs trimming when I get home tonight? It is easy enough to do with a dremmel or a sharp knife if you don't have a dremmel and you are careful.

That would be great - I had seen people had trimmed something but never any pictures or descructions.. I also saw there was possibly a dealers' note about it, but still nothing definitive.

Cheers

SI-W85

No problem I will get pics when I get home of mine, although on here somewhere I did answer this question to somebody with pics but I will get some more it's no problem :)

SI-W85

SI-W85

Here you go hope this helps :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 835

SI-W85

It's just that little nib that needs taking off, that's all Audi did with mine and it has never stuck since :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 842

tronicx

Cool - so they just filed the inside/lower bit of the notch then, just where the washers push on it...

Thanks!

SI-W85

That's right mate yeah just get rid of the little strip of plastic and you should be ok