Headlight switch compatibility.

g60leigh

Reaction score
I have had a search buy cannot find this. Apologies if it has been covered and I have missed it.

I have managed to break my headlight switch today while sorting the boost gauge hosing.

Anyway it's part no is 8L2 941 531 F
Please can anyone tell me id there are any other part numbers that are compatible

The surround and dimmer are all fine, it's just the switch I need.

Thanks.

Thanks Tuffty but that doesn't cover my question. Although I note the one you linked has a different part number.

Does anybody happen to know which part numbers cover the switch that works S3 with front and rear fogs and xenon's?

Thanks

Just an update.
I got a Mk4 golf headlight switch (with front & rear fogs) from some one local selling it cheap enough to try.

Had to strip off the surround it came with. They just clip off.

Fitted and works perfectly. Illumination is even the same 😃

Part no is 1C0 951 531 A
If any use to anyone.

i recon the leon or toledo switch will work fine just not sure of illumination colours, but does it really matter ?

I have a Seat toledo headlight switch with rear fog operation if anyone is interested, it would suit an A3. Waiting on another with front & rear fog control to fit on the S3 so should have an answer on this soon.

So as expected the Seat switch fitted exactly as a S3/A3 would do. The dimmer unit can be swaped over by uncliping it from the fascia. Only real is issue is unclippling the electrical port from the back of headlight switch itself, you need to remove the fuse panel which is held in by about 6 torx screws & even then access is tight.

Unfortunately i later discovered my fogs weren't working because the fuse was lose & the rear fog bulb was bouncing around in the light cluster, however the panel is unmarked & the backlighting is red....worth it for £20