Headlight restoration...

I used that kit and i found it worked pretty well.
I used standard wet n dry paper through the various grits to 2500 then used the 3000 disk that comes in the kit then the polishing pad and it worked well, removed the mottled yellow and the more minor stone chips. there's still some of the larger ones there but they are alot better.
i would recommend that 3M kit

i bought a standard halogen OEM headlight in the hope i could swap over the Xneon internals although i couldnt even get the lense off even after heating. I have used the Turtle restoration kit however in comparison to a brand new headlight the internal silver reflection paint does fade quite dramatically....

I found that the headlights quickly degrade after doing this as you've removed what's left of the UV coating.

Once you've got a good polished result you may want to consider some sort of treatment to protect the perspex from UV such as Lamin-X or even getting a paint shop to clear coat it.

You may find local body repair/spray shops may sand, polish and clear coat lenses as a service already.

Liam

I guess you can DIY clear coat with a spray can or there's this stuff which has been mentioned a few times in other forums talking about protecting the headlight after polishing. Opti-Coat 2.0 (Opti Guard)

Opti Coat 2.0

the turtle resoration kit come with a finish wipe dunni what it actually is, i chose not to use until ive gone over it again

Yes. 3m kit is immense.

Check my progress thread for results.

Took about 20mins And look as new.

eBay for about £19.

Maybe a silly question, but has anyone seen the vids on youtube using toothpaste?
Has anyone tried it and does it work?

Tuffty has done a thread on this iirc. I use that as my guideline, and plan to do mine next week. Just use some good sealant or a plastic cover of some sort

I have in my garage waiting for use and fitment the 3m kit and Lamin X clear protective film.

Will do it once it's warmed out for my benefit and ease of applying the lamin x.

Did mine today with the turtle wax kit & happy with the results. :icon_thumright:

Before
image-7_zpsd402c08d.jpeg

After
image-8_zpsa9b3c6b3.jpeg

Goppy, let me know how you get on, i want to do mine soon too, what you going to use and let me know if you want to do mine too....lol