Headlight range control unit ( 8P0 907 357) replacment procedureor even where it is?

Banx

Reaction score
HI Guys

I wonder if any of you know where this unit is and how to get to it ?
if somebody has the procedure that would be great
as I have an issue of the contol unit reports errors but the headlights still adjust which point to the control unit in vagcom and audi release notes .
( i have a early 4f2 2004 3.0tdi sline quattro )
so i have a new unit thinking it was by the passenger fuse box , but it isn't there ...bugga

anybody any ideas ?

many thanKs

:)

its behind the glove box

you can take the trim down to get to it, or just remove the whole glovebox (which i found easier)

its behind the glove box

you can take the trim down to get to it, or just remove the whole glovebox (which i found easier)

HI there
great thank for that
if I want to drop the glovebox down is it just the screws under the glovebox and the ones in the inside roof of the glove box ??
or ir there some art to it ?

may thanks
Martin

many thanks for that
it was just that easy *** :)
5 screws 3 on the inside of the top edge of the glove box and 2 underneath on under the fuse box and the other directly opposite and the whole unit comes out .....I was done in under 30 mins with a new headlight range control and now no error ( touch wood & fingers crossed )
I wish i had know that when i was scrabbling around contorted into UN-natural positions when I fitted my denson Ipod unit and also the cabin air filters .....

wish i could say the same for changing the running headlight bulbs

many thanks
again
M

ok an update to this

I made the system re- learn the headlight levels using the VAGcom all is fine and it learned no problems , it runs trough the headlight dip / raise and set process in the vagcom no probs

BUT

when I turn the car on it used to run through a set up where the lights would dip raise and set , it does not do this anymore ????
the unit I have is dated late 2008 . do more modern cars not bother with this start up any more ??

or do i need to program it in vagcom if so anybody know how ?

many thanks

mine was 8PO907357A and the new one was a 8P0907357J which should supersede the A,
just been out and checked ant they do actually cycle , but it seems that they do it after the ignition is off after a certain amount of time . the old one did it ever time ..maybe that is what was wrong with it