headlight question?!

James TQ

Reaction score
hello guys, im thinking of investing in some new front lights. mine being a pre facelift the lights are split, i want a single piece headlamp but do not want the hassle of the mods for the facelift lights,

im thinking of getting these lights, eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

but i want to get a Xenon HID kit will it fit with these lights, this is the kit im looking at, eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

can anyone help me out if they have done similar or any do's or donts?

Thanks.

You will have to mod regardless I think as the metal piece on the wing gets in the way of one piece lights... its not a difficult task tbh...

Wiring wise most after market lights will need some work...

<tuffty/>

ok thanks, what about the HID kit will that fit in those lights?

Wow! 12000k? I assume you want to actually be able to see at night lol... personally I wouldn't use more than 5500k on the road... H7 kit should be right...

Should also be mentioned that HIDs without a working self levelling mechanism and washer system will (legally) fail the MOT...

<tuffty/>

Well there's a 8k kit for like £10 less so why not go all out. And to say (legally)...So the HID kit will fit lol?

Well there's a 8k kit for like £10 less so why not go all out. And to say (legally)...So the HID kit will fit lol?

8k will be just as bad... LOL... 6k on and the level of light decreases quite substantially...

Assuming the headlights are H7 then the kit should fit...

Looking at those headlights again suggests they should fit with no modifications (so you shouldn't have to cut the wing) but just be prepared to do a little work if required :)

<tuffty/>

Thanks pal, youl see another post in a few weeks help Iv blinded a driver with 12k what do I do!? I'll look into 6k's thanks.

Thanks pal, youl see another post in a few weeks help Iv blinded a driver with 12k what do I do!? I'll look into 6k's thanks.

You won't blind anyone with 12000k... thats what I was trying to say... 12000k puts out so little light you won't see a thing

<tuffty/>

Oh right, the lower the 'K' the brighter the light?