Headlight LED and PD tuning

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick post to see if anyone has any experience with installation of LED headlights for my audi a3 8p 2007 model. It's 2.0TDI quattro 170

Also wanting to get it mapped but unsure of who/where to go that is reliable. Is it worth doing in a car with over 120k miles?

Thanks for advice!

Mapping a well cared for engine is not a problem even with your mileage, in fact a Diesel engine is just run in at 80k miles and at its peak. The best method of mapping is what is called a Custom Map, whereby a new map is loaded onto your ecu and is then put on a rolling road to be further tweaked to perform at its best. The cheaper remaps (about £200 cheaper) are a just a load and go map and no further testing or rolling road adjustment carried out. These do not optmize fuelling at all and can result in the power overcoming the clutch, more smoke, higher emmisions etc. If you go for this map, make sure the the tuner offers a no quibble guarantee and will refund you if you’re not happy, usually one or two weeks.
My advice is always go for the custom remap, it’s worth it, mpg will be better, engine smoother and quieter and tourque tamed not wreck the clutch.
Have a look through the ‘Site Sponsors’ threads for tuners near you and I would add Jabbasport in Norfolk to the list due to my previous VAG car tuning experiences.
Don’t rely on cheap tuners ads such as “we can remap you’re car for £200 and give you zillions of Bhp” , you’ll regret it.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Hi,

Quick post to see if anyone has any experience with installation of LED headlights for my audi a3 8p 2007 model. It's 2.0TDI quattro 170

Also wanting to get it mapped but unsure of who/where to go that is reliable. Is it worth doing in a car with over 120k miles?

Thanks for advice!

Depends if you mean the newer OEM led DRL headlights or aftermarket rubbish.

Thanks for replies,

I am based in cardiff so keen to explore a good mapper in south wales region - any recommendations?

With regards to the headlights - i have the pre-facelift s line model so i don't think the newer DRL headlights would fit my car without having to redo the whole front end of the car. Is it possible just to buy the H7 LED headlights and put them in my existing ballasts?

If you have xenon headlights those will not work.

i have the bog standard halogen headlights - so worth a try then..