Headlight Ignitor Power Pack Thingy for the d2s bulb S3 8L

Tekin

Reaction score
Hello,

Where can i find one of these for a decent price?, used or second hand i do not mind as long as it works. Its a pack that connects to the main d2s bulb. Are both drivers and passengers side the same?, i think they are apart from the positioning of wire power connectors etc etc.

packho5.jpg

additional info (5DV 007 750 - 15 4B0 941 471 D2S:D2R 200h)

Thanks.

Best bet is a breakers yard I'd say, even though S3's rarely come by.

You could just buy a ballast on eBay and get the D2S adapters separately, would be cheaper.

Best person to buy these from is Ian @ www.hids4u.co.uk

taking risk on 2nd user but he's the man for lighting on cars for sure, can supply oem no problem.

The ballast as the ignition thingys are called, lol(laughing with you not at you) is the igniter for the gas discharge bulb, best to get a new one mate TBH as you might get 2nd user & that goes wrong shortly after, your choice but I would look at new one from him.

That one on ebay does look like it would fit ok, but its from the US & customs will sting you, trust me, try Ian as he sells them new.

That headlight looks like an A4 B5 one no?

ah ok cheers for that nigelhobden, after you pointing those things out i might be better off getting a new one. Will contact ian and see how it goes, keep you lot updated.

:)

ah ok cheers for that nigelhobden, after you pointing those things out i might be better off getting a new one. Will contact ian and see how it goes, keep you lot updated.

:)

No worries fella, glad I could help out & to further assist here's the direct link to that oem ballast on his page:

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=57&cat=3&page=1

Personally I think £120 is pretty damn good considering the stealers cost.

Do check with him aswell that it is the correct one to be sure, I know it is but then if he gets it wrong he would have to accept the return, but he wont get it wrong I'm sure of.

i think it going to be the ones from HIDs4u, they will be brand new, you also get warranty and its next day delivery they also said if they are the wrong ones which they wont be i can send them back and they will get the correct ones back out to me exceptional customer service. Better off doing this rather than buying used tatt off ebay which will probably break in a few weeks.

Just PM'd - joe6886- to see how he got on with his before i order as he bought the same ones i think...

No need mate, Ian will be spot on, he knows his stuff & very good customer service.

i did ask for Ian actually but the woman said he is based in Poland or something like...

Poland, really, well you can always email him but I'm 100% sure you will be fine as that link should be the correct one I sent you mate.