Headlight Hole...

#Nick

A4 Avant 1.9TDI PD130
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently got some new Dipped Beam bulbs, but they are too large to fit through the hole.

Is there any way of enlarging the hole? The bulb is 2cm dia, and the hole is 1.7cm, so not a lot needs to come off.

Any ideas anyone??

The annoying thing is, they fit perfectly in the Full Beam bulb hole. However, they are too white for Full Beams, but perfect for Dipped.

20150123 191841

20150123 191926

I had the same issue on mine I just bent it over in a couple of places and manoeuvred the bulb in carefully. This was pointless though as the light out put was poor so went bck to normal osram bulbs.

I had the same issue on mine I just bent it over in a couple of places and manoeuvred the bulb in carefully. This was pointless though as the light out put was poor so went bck to normal osram bulbs.

Dale,
Did you just use a pair of needle nose pliers?
Is the metal quite soft?

Yeah I bought some and didn't bother once I found they didn't fit so bought night breakers

The light output is not so great with these. Probably not worth breaking the bulb holders for them.

Would it not be a better investment to go to hid kit many available on eBay for around £35 .

As the other guys have said, these will be both an MOT fail and probably dangerous to use as dipped beam bulbs as they won't be anywhere near bright enough.

Not worth ruining your headlight unit, either get HIDs or put uprated standard bulbs in.

Unless you have projector headlights stick to normal bulbs