Headlight Help

Jakeea

Reaction score
Hi all I’ve had a brief look through the forums but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for,

This evening my passenger side headlight went out, come up with a error on the dash, I’ve changed the bulb to have no joy and still have the error. All other bulbs on the left hand headlight are working fine ? Could anyone shed some light?

First thing I’d do is make sure that the relevant fuse is intact .
Which one isn’t working , main beam or dipped?
If the fuse is intact and making a good connection but the light still isn’t working I’d ensure that the new bulb is definitely working (sounds unlikely but a new bulb could possibly be duff) , if no joy then I’d also make sure that all electrical connections are clean and free of corrosion.

First thing I’d do is make sure that the relevant fuse is intact .
Which one isn’t working , main beam or dipped?
If the fuse is intact and making a good connection but the light still isn’t working I’d ensure that the new bulb is definitely working (sounds unlikely but a new bulb could possibly be duff) , if no joy then I’d also make sure that all electrical connections are clean and free of corrosion.

Thank you for your reply. It is the dipped beam so the H7 bulb. I’m going to buy two new bulbs this morning and replace them both and see how I go. The fuse for the headlights are in the engine bay I believe ? Nd when you say check the connection do you mean just the connection that’s straight onto the bulb or is there anything else ?

thank you

I'd check all electrical connections onto the bulb , although the most likely cause is either a blown fuse or bulb.
Whilst some fuses are in the engine bay the main fuse box I believe is on the end of the dash?
On a RHD A3 you open the drivers door and under a removable plastic trim on the end of the dash is the main fuse box?.....

Hi everyone managed to get the bulbs working. I replaced both fronts and they’re now fine, unsure of what happened.