Facelift Headlight Failure

ASRman

Reaction score
I have managed to get a small crack in my passenger side headlamp on my 2017 S3, this has led to water ingress and now the dipped beam has gone out. Unfortunately not covered under warranty as it's cracked.

What's needed to get this working again? Replacement units part number 8V0941043F seem cheap enough on eBay but will I be required to buy new bulbs? Also how to tell whether the ballast will need replacing too?

Sorry I'm clueless when it comes to electric stuff on cars. TIA.

Led headlights should sealed units so if you managed to get a second hand one then the bulbs, ballast and all the gubbins should be part of it.
Not sure about if it needs coding, calibrations etc.

It could be a Xenon headlight.

I wouldn’t think it’s a DIY project unless you are familiar and confident with what you are doing. These modern cars are much more complicated than thay used to be.

Anyone know if the xenon headlamps from a facelift A3 sportback and facelift S3 are directly transferable?

I thought all the facelift s3 had LED headlights?
Mine definitely has it and it’s not the matrix one.

I have managed to get a small crack in my passenger side headlamp on my 2017 S3, this has led to water ingress and now the dipped beam has gone out. Unfortunately not covered under warranty as it's cracked.

What's needed to get this working again? Replacement units part number 8V0941043F seem cheap enough on eBay but will I be required to buy new bulbs? Also how to tell whether the ballast will need replacing too?

Sorry I'm clueless when it comes to electric stuff on cars. TIA.

Are you sure you have the right part number?

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-headlights-query.381005/
Looking at jassy’s post you should have LEDs on yours.