1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Headlight difference help please

AudiA3Newbie Sep 25, 2020

1. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Can anyone help please.
    Ordered my car and was shown & promised lights like the blue car picture but when I went to view, my car has the lights like on the grey car .

Can anyone please tell me why they are different? Am I getting conned? What’s the difference?
    Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. tb123

tb123 Member

I believe that the lights on the Blue car (with the 15 segment LED block) are Matrix LED, the other are standard LED.

The pattern of the 15 segment light changes depending on the model of the car

I saw a write up about all the configurations somewhere, this is all I can find at the moment
    https://carbuzz.com/news/2021-audi-rs3-will-have-funky-chequered-flag-headlights

If you have a look at the configurator (under Lights), you can change between Standard > LED > Matrix LED
    http://configurator.audi.com/acc/co...cTM0UQMDRE8hxD4gwAiI8oQdXUQsA0pAtsQ/equipment

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Jcbmally likes this.
  4. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze Registered User

The lights on the blue one are the better Matrix lights but an optional extra . The lights on the grey car are the standard led lights

5. AudiA3Newbie

AudiA3Newbie A3Newbie

Thank you. Yes, it seems the ones on the blue one are just over £600 extra.

6. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

£430 extra on the S3

7. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Matrix candles a £430 optional extra,now thats ****** cheap...£900 on the Face lift car l bought the Matrix lights for my car as well as a few other options instead of adding them on to my pcp saved me paying interest on the options

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Jcbmally, Sparks43 and pburv like this.
  8. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

I thought that - £1595 on a Sport Model - Must be to to with the S3 having the new led daytime running lights no not much of an upgrade I suppose

pburv, Jcbmally and jassyo06 like this.
  9. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Gold Supporter

Im assuming these "matrix" type lights operate in the same way regardless of manufacturer, and if thats the case then I can definitely recommend them. :sunglasses:
    They are standard on my car and in the 3 months since I bought it I've not tired of watching them work every time I am out in the dark...in fact even the check procedure they do when starting the engine never fails to amuse me. :D

pburv likes this.
  10. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Nope they dont.....BMW's aint as effective as the VAG's mate.....as for the Mercs variations of this type of headlight system l will never find out but i'll take yer word for it they're good.......lol

Ron240 and pburv like this.