Headlight DeChrome - Anyone done it.

Scott.T

Reaction score
Was looking at the HID's on my B7 and wondered if anyone in the world of Audi has de-tangoed and de-chromed.
I done the modification on my last Subaru, and thought could maybe do something similar on the Audi.

This is what was done on the Scooby, showing before and after :

100_8658.jpg

100_8647.jpg

100_8656.jpg

100_8679.jpg

Hi Scott, Yes of course this is possible in the Audi world. Have done this mod myself. Fairly easy, patience and time.

There is a how to on audizine.com

Do a search and you will find a step by step guide.

Good luck

Cool, procedure looks very similar to the Scooby.
Does the headlight come out easy enough or is it a bumper off job ?

I couldn't find any one selling in the UK, ordered from the states in the end (see previous link). Took a little while to arrive, good quality though

I couldn't find any one selling in the UK, ordered from the states in the end (see previous link). Took a little while to arrive, good quality though
sweet how much were they delivered to UK. May do a big buy and stick a few on ebay or here if anyone wants to save on postage

Nice mod that, i just ordered my mrs a new mini diesel, spec'd it with black xenonx as it just looks meaner.

oh, and once you have done the mod i can supply you guys the chrome indicator bulbs :D

They were $75, around £47, including postage. PM fly300kts on Audizine, i'm sure there will be a decent discount for multiple items postage wise.

I may be a bit stupid here but why are you sticking clear lense's on when you will be using Chrome indicator bulbs anyway?. surley its £50 you dont need to spend?.

I may be a bit stupid here but why are you sticking clear lense's on when you will be using Chrome indicator bulbs anyway?. surley its £50 you dont need to spend?.

Good Point are they needed ? does it look neater ?

Theres no need as far as I can tell. I bought them as it keeps things sealed and neat :icon_thumright:

I'll post pics once its stopped raining!