Headlight Condensation... Who do contact?

Palooza

Reaction score
Pulled up home today and noticed that my headlight has condensation in it. I assume it's covered by warranty... But I have an issue.

I was involved in a an accident mid August which was front end one but mainly drivers side damage orientated. But now my passenger side headlight has condensation in it.

Do I contact my insurance saying a seal was broke in the accident and hope they would foot the bill? Or do I contact Audi and see if they will fix it under warranty running the risk of them taking the front end off and realising it's not how it left the factory (Obviously I wouldn't know if a screw was missing/fully genuine ect)

What would you do? Obviously my first choice is Audi

Audi every day I'd say for this situation.

Reactions: pburv
They all get condensation in them mate when the weather gets colder,especially the xenons and led headlights as they dont create a lot heat....if you have water inside it that's a different matter

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Rob2k68
They all get condensation in them mate when the weather gets colder,especially the xenons and led headlights as they dont create a lot heat....if you have water inside it that's a different matter

Very true, but in this case it's just the one headlight, & I'd expect both to behave similarly. Of course it could be that the drivers side one is new, hence the difference, but if the condensation wasn't there before the accident and is there now, I'd contact the insurer and tell them they haven't finished the repair properly.

Reactions: pburv, Flying Scotsman, Simon L and 1 other person