Headlight condensation? Normal or not

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Anyone else get condensation in their headlights? First time I've had this issue and not sure if it's normal or a fault

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Check rear covers are fitted ok if any.

Audi's fix for this has always been remove, dry them out with a heat gun or like on the bench & refit.

Reactions: AlS3BE
It happened once on my A6 last Winter, but it went away by itself and never seen it re-occur.

Check rear covers are fitted ok if any.

Audi's fix for this has always been remove, dry them out with a heat gun or like on the bench & refit.

on my c7 they drilled a hole in the headlight somewhere as well to get rid of condensation. That was an official fix.

I drove though a massive puddle, few years back. And the front headlight has a lot of condensation in it after. I just left the light on for a bit and it went way. I remember googling to find out if it was normal and the answer I found was it should be ok.

U got any pics

Forgot your now in a C8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't upload any pics as I've hit my limit this month with tapatalk
Although I will monitor the situation and report if it continues. It was after driving in the rain and being parked for a couple of hours

Out of warranty ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buxton2901
One of the problems with LED technology is that the lamp unit does not get hot enough to drive out any moisture like it used to in the good old halogen days. Same way as snow now settles on the headlight rather than melting making it a nightmare when driving in snow

Reactions: Sibmets
Anyone else get condensation in their headlights? First time I've had this issue and not sure if it's normal or a fault

Had that on my car from new before I even got it delivered! But has since not been an issue.

I've only noticed it once and that was when on holiday staying at our lodge in keilder forest so it was very wet.
Not seen it happen again so I'm not too concerned now. Thanks dude for putting my mind at rest