Headlight Adjustment Sensor Faul

POLNEESSON

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

first post so any help would be appreciated.

Car has came up with a yellow headlight adjustment error.. ran a VCDS scam and it says the it’s the rear sensor as under.

1 Fault Found:
5256725 - Rear Left Ride-Height Sensor
C1036 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 137
Mileage: 75474 km
Date: 2020.06.23
Time: 16:48:27

I took the wheel off and liner and had a wee look and can get to the sensor but when I called audi for the parts it’s £154 so I didn’t want to buy encase there is something else I could check first...anyone any ideas? Like should I measure for voltage at the plug or is there fuses or anything that can be checked? Problem is I don’t have a wiring diagram or I would have been able to check more myself.....any info greatly recurved.

Hi everyone,

first post so any help would be appreciated.

Car has came up with a yellow headlight adjustment error.. ran a VCDS scam and it says the it’s the rear sensor as under.

1 Fault Found:
5256725 - Rear Left Ride-Height Sensor
C1036 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 137
Mileage: 75474 km
Date: 2020.06.23
Time: 16:48:27

I took the wheel off and liner and had a wee look and can get to the sensor but when I called audi for the parts it’s £154 so I didn’t want to buy encase there is something else I could check first...anyone any ideas? Like should I measure for voltage at the plug or is there fuses or anything that can be checked? Problem is I don’t have a wiring diagram or I would have been able to check more myself.....any info greatly recurved.
Faulty wiring / connector or faulty sensor by the looks of things. Check connections are secure, not damaged or corroded etc.

Cheers, I got the wiring diagram... think I’m going to take the sensor off and see if I can test it for ohms